Server Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadeth2

Daemon Poster
Ok, apart from my other thread that is about a system for me, this is about a system for my Dad. He has a notebook HP Pavilion zv6000. He also has a 3000+ Barton system. He wants to carry parts over from there to build a powerful SQL/Oracle system that runs Linux 64/XP 64/2000/2003.

Here are the specs. Is it ok? My Dad is an SQL/Oracle DBA and a Networkng guy. He has projects that use most of the time atlest two computers so he needs this one. So, check it out and give input?

I fluctuate prices about $5 on each item to cover for service charges and life circumstances. All off of Newegg.

ASUS K8N-DL $274
AMD Opteron 244 $195
AMD Opteorn 244 $195 (Not Sure About Second CPU, But Most Likely It Will Be In The Build)
Sapphire Radeon X550 256MB $78
Sky Hawk/Eagle Tech eATX Case $45
Thermaltake Silent Purepower 420W $41
Antec Case Fan $12

right im not very up on servers but im not a big fan of asus, but i cant recommend any other board as I dont know which manufactures make server boards for opterons. Do you really wanta 256mb graphics card? that card is too weak to use the 256 so you might aswel save ur money and get the 128 version or spend abit more and get a 6600GT.

Last thing is would say is that power supply enough? I presume your gonna be running afew hard drives from it aswel, so a nice 500+ watt might be a idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom