a serious question, for serious folks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nagasama

disgruntled ex-moderator
okay, my ram question in different form...
look at my sig, that is my system in a nutshell.
i am overclocked at 237 (x11) to give me 'bout 2.6...(and yes, i was that guy who was sayin' "i'm not gonna overclock"...heh heh [snipped] that, it's too much fun.

i had to lower my ht multiplier to 4x, because my system would not boot at 5x (too much fsb ima guessin).

my ht link, or fsb if you will, is at 948, due to the fact that my multiplier has to be @ 4x (4 x 237 = 948,yay!)

what will be my best ram settings? don't they need to match up to this ht/fsb number?

right now i have it set at 5-5-5-15, runs at 436ish (which is 872, not 948)

p.s. if you tell me 4-4-4-12, please tell me how to achieve that.
my trCD can be at 4, my tRP can be at 4, my tRAS can be at 12...but according to cpu-z, my "memory" is running at 5-4-4-12, at like 433mhz(which is 866, not 948), i.e my tCL is still 5.
my ram is spec'd at 4-4-4-12, so i don't know wtf...

help please...?

:confused:

You would need at least 2 volts for that speed. I think your motherboard only supports up to 1.9v - check your manual.

If the board can do 2v+ then move it up to 2.0 -2.1v. Then change the timings in the bios.

that ram can hit 900 with 4-4-4-12 if u do it properly. like turtile said up ur voltage if u can to 2.0 to start. try it at a higher setting to start off, say 4-5-4-15 and see if its stable. if that goes fine then try 4-4-4-12. if it goes back to being unstable, try 2.1v. it'll be tough if ur mobo cant handle 2+ voltage tho

in my bios...
where is the first "4"

i have found the others, -4-4-12...
but not that first one.

do i have to have the voltage up for cpu-z to recognize it as CAS# latency 4?

i think you guys may be right, though...when i try to raise the voltage past 1.9...
no boot. but i need to make sure everything else is set right.

i have managed to squeak it to 2.65, which raises my ram frequency to 440. (ie 880)

r u manually setting ur timings in the BIOS? if it doesnt show up then i guess that board doesnt support the lower timing. does ur BIOS give u the option of raising ur mem voltage past 1.9v or r u using a tool in ur OS?

and try not to bump ur posts. they'll get answered!

flashed the bios and was able to adjust tCL to 4.
alas, my bios does indeed give me the option of increasing ram voltage past 1.9...to like 2.3 or something. but anything over 1.85 will not boot. maybe i just have to poke around on it to find the right cpu voltage and ram voltage so that everything is stable.
...which i have found so far...
2.64 (240 x 11) 1.375v, ram 5-5-5-15 @ 440mhz 1.85v, which is really pretty rockin for a first time builder like me.
i know i can oc more, but i think my mobo may be the anchor which holds the cpu from reaching 2.8- 3.0 stable ( i had it at 2.83 but i got skeered...stable and temps not too bad, but i am not really sure what "too bad" is yet. and i don't want to find out the hard way) it is stable, so i am happy.
i think i've memorized the prime 95 test...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom