Serious about getting NICE Speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuThoRitY

Daemon Poster
Ok I have 2 or 3 different speaker sets I'm currently looking at to get myself for Christmas, I would love some input on which ones to get or which ones are better. Right now I'm really diggin the Logitechs, should I stick with my decision. The budget here is going to be about 225$ No more than that, k thnx....

Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker - Retail http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16836121120

Creative Inspire P7800 7.1 Speaker - Retail http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16836116153

WHICH ONES!!! Or new suggestions would be nice?!?!

I would get the Logitechs. I think they are going to be better for you than that other set. I don't know anything about those Creatives but from the prices and what i know about the Logitechs, go with the 5500s. IMO the Creatives aren't "NICE" like the 5500s.

those logitecs are simply amazing.
buddy has them and the metal music screams and pounds on it.
and that was with a old soundblaster live! card
he does have a audigy series now...havn't heard it yet though.

Get the Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 5.1, I have heard both the z-5500s and the ultra 5.1s, and they just slightly edge out the z-5500s out on sound quality, they have a dual driver sub, and every satellite has a tweeter. The the bass is more impactful, tighter, and more controled than with the z-5500s. Now the average joe who listens to mp3s encoded at 128kbps with the sereo speakers that came with his computer probably won't be able to tell the difference between the two sets, but the Ultra 5.1 is just ever so slightly better, and as I stated above, I have owned both sets, and I like the ultra 5.1s better.

btw,
never get creative speakers, they suck.

neither...go with Klipsches, their 5.1 Promedia set is better than the logitechs

if u really care about the audio and speakers, go to some pro audio forum site.
im a professional recording engineer so i can tell u about this...
im not 100% sure how serious u r about this...but for ur budget u only can get some computer speakers which is not good at all for music. if u r serious about sound for video game, then it should be just fine. so if u r really serious about getting speakers that works for both music and game sound, just PM me. but its gonna be over ur budgets for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom