Serial ATA150, same or compatible with SATA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexinator

In Runtime
I want to buy a Serial ATA150 hard drive for my compy. Striker Extreme has plenty of SATA ports, but I wasn't sure is Serial ATA 150 was the same thing or compatible with plain old SATA...

I need more storage an another drive for Tri-booting Vista 32 and 64, and XP 32.

Thanks in advance!

SATA I is Serial ATA150. SATA 3.0 (or II) is the new interface...either way they are interchangeable.

Well I want a good, but cheap 10k drive... I was looking at the Raptor X, any comments or suggestions on another drive?

Well I want a good, but cheap 10k drive... I was looking at the Raptor X, any comments or suggestions on another drive?

Just RAID 0 two drives if you want performance and space...if not then Raptor's are nice but I just don't care for a second or 2 increase in performance for so much money. If you are willing to spend the money though then the Raptor's are the best 10K SATA drives that I know of.

No, I was good price:performance on this purcahse. Under 100 or around that would be great. I don;t really want to spend 190 bucks on a Raptor X.. but I will if it's wqorth it. Right now I have a 150GB SATA II WD 7,200 with 16MB cache.. it's fast.. But I don;t think I'd want to buy two and RAID them.... How well is the performance boost in RAID? I would imagine double.. but HDD lag doesn;ty bother me as much.

No, I was good price:performance on this purcahse. Under 100 or around that would be great. I don;t really want to spend 190 bucks on a Raptor X.. but I will if it's wqorth it. Right now I have a 150GB SATA II WD 7,200 with 16MB cache.. it's fast.. But I don;t think I'd want to buy two and RAID them.... How well is the performance boost in RAID? I would imagine double.. but HDD lag doesn;ty bother me as much.

Performance boost in RAID 0 is no where near double, a 10K drive is not even near double that of a 7200.

One single 10K drive is slightly faster load times than two Seagate 7200.10's in RAID 0. However you get so much more space with RAID 0 is 2 x Smallest drive which is much better than a small amount with the raptor. Also people think that if they get one small Raptor and put windows on it that everything will be faster....wrong only Windows itself will be slightly faster such as searching through files. Games if they are not installed on the Raptor will NOT get the load time cut.

You will get 320GB in RAID 0 all ready which most people find enough, but a nice performance increase. The other drive is a good idea though if you need more space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom