serial ATA-150 disk drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
That drive is a SATA II and runs at 3.0Gb/s. It will work, but will only run at the 1.5Gb/s speed of SATA I.

The DS3R doesn't only take SATA-150. So you don't need to worry. And note, that you should take off the tiny jumper pin off the hard drive, that limits it to SATA 1.5Gb/s.

The DS3R doesn't only take SATA-150. So you don't need to worry. And note, that you should take off the tiny jumper pin off the hard drive, that limits it to SATA 1.5Gb/s.

Sorry B1gapl, I wasn't referring to my mobo. This is actually for a buddies who i am currently working on. He had a hard drive go down. The boys over at BB said he needed a new HD which I concur with. But then a couple days later they stated that the mobo was bad as well. He said the windows logo came up with a new HD then the pc just shut down. I asked if the power shutoff or if the unit just locked up. He wasn't sure so I am going to check it out. I was able to get the pc to run in Bios for quite some time so I am guessing they had an issue with the new drive not the mobo. This is a prebuilt HP unit. So I am going to run it thru some paces and maybe drop one of my HD into the unit and see what we come up with. Thanks for the response though. I was pretty sure the drive would have been fine. But i know its easier to ask first before ordering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom