Semi-Professional Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easiest solution is going to be to place a layer (or two) of vinyl on the windows. Some heavy opaque curtains will help as well.

I would NOT recommend a theater in a box configuration if you're looking for quality sound.

Check for bundles like this that will include a receiver for high quality output. Most computers have optical audio out, so you would definitely get better quality audio from this setup. It also allows you to adjust phasing and other audio attributes to keep the sound in your room and not outside.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Yamaha-ampl...?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1361370525&sr=1-10

That Yamaha seems alright, little cheaper Than The Z906's. But This being Amazon There's no Product Info etc. And They're a Home Cinema System, so I imagine They'd be crap For when I plug Them into my Xbox or To listen To music etc, and probably have crappy Bass?

And can I ask what's mono?

The heat compresses between the window and the insulation. Even with the tin foil the drywall at my house would be warm to the touch still. One of the windows I didn't put tin foil in and you could smell it burning and it left a nasty smell in the house. If you went outside you could see it starting to blacken up. I'm just lucky it was in the morning side of the house and not getting hit by the afternoon sun. Then again, this is Texas.

Easiest solution is going to be to place a layer (or two) of vinyl on the windows. Some heavy opaque curtains will help as well.

I would NOT recommend a theater in a box configuration if you're looking for quality sound.

Check for bundles like this that will include a receiver for high quality output. Most computers have optical audio out, so you would definitely get better quality audio from this setup. It also allows you to adjust phasing and other audio attributes to keep the sound in your room and not outside.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Yamaha-ampl...?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1361370525&sr=1-10
That is still a theater in a box with a slightly better A/V.

That Yamaha seems alright, little cheaper Than The Z906's. But This being Amazon There's no Product Info etc. And They're a Home Cinema System, so I imagine They'd be crap For when I plug Them into my Xbox or To listen To music etc, and probably have crappy Bass?

And can I ask what's mono?
These are going to sound better than the Logitechs. It's a better version of a home theater in a box.

You want to buy audio equipment and you don't know what mono is? Mono is one channel of sound.

The heat compresses between the window and the insulation. Even with the tin foil the drywall at my house would be warm to the touch still. One of the windows I didn't put tin foil in and you could smell it burning and it left a nasty smell in the house. If you went outside you could see it starting to blacken up. I'm just lucky it was in the morning side of the house and not getting hit by the afternoon sun. Then again, this is Texas.

i wasnt aware that fiberglass or drywall was flammable. i guess it does have a paper backing...?

i wasnt aware that fiberglass or drywall was flammable. i guess it does have a paper backing...?
Isn't the drywall that is the problem, it's the insulation. Yea it's the typical pink **** in a roll with the paper that holds it together. Meant to go in between studs in a wall. Says highly flammable right on the package. The tin foil also acts as a reflector to bounce back some of that heat from the sun. A lot of people do just foil on their windows here in Texas to save on summer AC costs. I did all my windows with the setup I talked about and it dropped my bills 75-100 bucks in AC costs. My computer room stayed super cool. Windows leak a ton of air so it just seals the gap if you don't want a window.

Topic Closed. No it wont be re-opened and if another is created, it will be closed and deleted. More than enough information was provided in this topic for an answer to be reached.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom