Semi-Professional Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, or probably Just Mguire, would you be able To recommend any semi-decent 5.1/7.1 Systems For £200 Or less?
Some Tech sites in The UK are:
PC World - Best Prices on Major Computing Brands | PC World
The UKs Biggest Electrical Retailer| Currys
Maplin Electronics
John Lewis | iPads, TVs, Furniture, Fashion & More
Computer Hardware - Scan.co.uk
Cheap Laptops, Tablet PC, and Cheap LED TVs | Ebuyer.com
Aria PC - Computer Hardware, Components, Monitors.. at lowest prices
Hell lmao maybe even Shop Online with Argos.co.uk - your Online Catalogue for Home Shopping

I know you're on here quite a lot and do a lot To help us so, I hope you know you'll always get my appreciation.

For that price you might have to settle for a theater in a box. I know ****ty answer, but I'm in the middle of cleaning up a Windows 8 laptop my fiance just bought *le sigh*.

Theater in a box? Again in English please lol. Take all The Time you need Though. I currently have The Logitech X530 5.1 System but I'm starting To come To Terms That They actually do suck so very F'kin much. I'd preferably want something with a crap Ton of Bass with actual decent, clear sound. But also something That can be quiet and civilized when needed. I know That For £200 There can't really be much but, I'm starting To Think a Leaf and 2 rocks will be better Than The X530's.. Then again They were only cheap.

Can I ask your opinion on This? It's a little over budget, but.. It's whatever.
And also can I ask you if you know anything about soundproofing? I'm currently living at my parents house Till I can house which shouldn't be long(Inb4 Trollers) and my old room is at The Front of The house, windows etc.. Do you know of a cheap way I could help soundproof my room a little so I could have my speakers and bass up higher without disturbing people outside? Not That I give a crap about other people but, apparently in civvy street you have To be considerate of others.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004MY4PU6/?tag=hydra0b-21&hvadid=9550949709&ref=asc_df_B004MY4PU6
"le sigh" :p.

Last edited:
Theater in a box? Again in English please lol. Take all The Time you need Though. I currently have The Logitech X530 5.1 System but I'm starting To come To Terms That They actually do suck so very F'kin much. I'd preferably want something with a crap Ton of Bass with actual decent, clear sound. But also something That can be quiet and civilized when needed. I know That For £200 There can't really be much but, I'm starting To Think a Leaf and 2 rocks will be better Than The X530's.. Then again They were only cheap.

Can I ask your opinion on This? It's a little over budget, but.. It's whatever.
And also can I ask you if you know anything about soundproofing? I'm currently living at my parents house Till I can house which shouldn't be long(Inb4 Trollers) and my old room is at The Front of The house, windows etc.. Do you know of a cheap way I could help soundproof my room a little so I could have my speakers and bass up higher without disturbing people outside? Not That I give a crap about other people but, apparently in civvy street you have To be considerate of others.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004MY4PU6/?tag=hydra0b-21&hvadid=9550949709&ref=asc_df_B004MY4PU6
"le sigh" :p.
The 906's will be a "louder" upgrade from what you have, not exactly a quality upgrade.

Theater in a box is one of those 5.1 or 7.1 setups that come with everything you need in one box. Speakers, sub, A/V, cable, ect. The cheaper ones people typically buy because real audio is too expensive.

Depends on what you want to sound proof. If you don't want that window you can always do what I did to my old house. Tin foil on the outside completely covering the window, fiberglass padded insulation, then drywall over that. You can go a bit further and put sound proofing panels around your walls or line them with carpet (lol). Ghetto sound proof brings me back to garage band days.

Tin Foil? What The F does Tin Foil do lol. And That wouldn't be possible anyway without breaking my neck(Room is Top Floor etc) so To line The entire outside windows would be impossible. And I'm assuming any Form of soundproofing carpet or Foam or whatever would be Far To expensive.. See loudness isn't really what I want Though, I'm Just after something That's reasonably decent and an upgrade From The X530's

Noooo no no. Not literally outside. I meant it goes on the outside of the insulation layer. So you put the tin foil down first, fiberglass insulation, then the drywall. The tin foil is so the sun doesn't possibly catch the fiberglass on fire and also so it doesn't heat it up to make a smell in your room. Ghetto as hell, but works.

I didn't mean soundproofing carpet, I meant literally the carpet you put on the floor. Think of laying carpet down in a bathroom that was once tile. It deadens the sound inside the bathroom. If you lined your walls with carpet it traps the sound, deadens the room from outside sound and reverb, and also helps with air leakage from AC/Heat lol.

I'm poor, so I know a ton of ways of doing things that isn't expensive.

Edit: The only problem with doing the window that way is you lose seeing the outside but your neighbors or people walking by can't complain because you're basically making your window a wall. If you do it right you can make it look legit. There are also other things you can do so you can dampen the bass through the home and stuff like that since you're on the top floor.

Last edited:
Lol oh I see, First question I have Though is what The hecks Fiberglass insulation and drywall, and how would I get Those items? Cause I'm at The Front of The house I don't really want people To look at our house and see some Tin Foil lined stuff o:
And I guess That's a good idea, but Carpet on The walls? Bit weird lol. Carpets F'kin expensive anyway Though, To be able To carpet The whole room it'd cost way To much :S.

So For £200 Would I be better off Just keeping my X530's?

Uh, those are building materials. It's stuff your house is made of lol. You get them at your local home improvement store. You can put a curtain before the tin foil so nobody on the outside sees it. There are many ways of doing all of that.

Carpet is rather cheap. You don't have to line all of the walls with it but you can get the cheapest money can buy too.

You could always just get those 906's and not turn it up too loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom