Seems like a great deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know guys...

Build a compy with the following specs using (buy your own) parts.

q9550
4 gb ddr3 1800 (OCZ Platinum)
790i motherboard
evga gtx 260
2 x 320gb hard drives
liquid cooling
Vista 64 bit home premium
800w power supply...

Use whatever components you like, but build a similar machine. I think they charge around $1625 for that build using name parts... I've built plenty of my own machines, but give credit where it is due... I think their prices are competitive and with warranty and labor covered (even though you CAN do it yourself) that IS a deal...

790i motherboard
evga gtx 260

Are you daft? The lack of reliability on current gen Nvidia motherboards is well documented. Not only that but they tend to be over priced. The only one I would recommend is the 750iFTW, and that is only if you insist on sli.

Further more, the 4870 is generally a better choice for a video card over the GTX260 unless you play Crysis or Fold.

I would only recommend liquid cooling if you know what you are doing. And if you do then you are already set on it and/or already have a good WC system. For everyone else air cooling is the way to go.

800watts is overkill and not necessary here. And just an old 800 wouldn't do. Watts isn't the important part, its amps. the corsair 620 will be enough for the parts you listed and is more reliable then most psu's out there, since most are cheap and advertise super high wattage.

OCZ platinum's are good, I don't see anything wrong with that, other than 4 gigs seems a tad excessive right now. And the Q9550 is a good chip.

He should get a P45 (asus, biostar or gigabyte), a corsair 620, an ATI 4870, and 2 (maybe 4) gigs of DDR2.

Are you daft? The lack of reliability on current gen Nvidia motherboards is well documented. Not only that but they tend to be over priced. The only one I would recommend is the 750iFTW, and that is only if you insist on sli.

Further more, the 4870 is generally a better choice for a video card over the GTX260 unless you play Crysis or Fold.

I would only recommend liquid cooling if you know what you are doing. And if you do then you are already set on it and/or already have a good WC system. For everyone else air cooling is the way to go.

800watts is overkill and not necessary here. And just an old 800 wouldn't do. Watts isn't the important part, its amps. the corsair 620 will be enough for the parts you listed and is more reliable then most psu's out there, since most are cheap and advertise super high wattage.

OCZ platinum's are good, I don't see anything wrong with that, other than 4 gigs seems a tad excessive right now. And the Q9550 is a good chip.

He should get a P45 (asus, biostar or gigabyte), a corsair 620, an ATI 4870, and 2 (maybe 4) gigs of DDR2.

Sir, I think you are on the wrong thread here.... The question was IS THIS A GOOD DEAL... not ARE THESE PARTS THE BEST, or WHAT PARTS ARE BETTER, OR WHAT COMPUTERS WILL OUTPERFORM THIS ONE... USING THE PARTS LISTED is that a good deal for a built computer? The answer is YES. Is a GTX 260 better than a 4870? Is the 780i a good board? I don't think that was the question... Are you daft?

The topic had moved on. perhaps you should read the rest of the thread before posting. I was responding under the impression that you had read everyone else's posts and was referring to them. Forum etiquette frowns on people posting about the first post several pages after the fact. Things had obviously evolved past that.

I don't know guys...

Build a compy with the following specs using (buy your own) parts.

q9550
4 gb ddr3 1800 (OCZ Platinum)
790i motherboard
evga gtx 260
2 x 320gb hard drives
liquid cooling
Vista 64 bit home premium
800w power supply...

Use whatever components you like, but build a similar machine. I think they charge around $1625 for that build using name parts... I've built plenty of my own machines, but give credit where it is due... I think their prices are competitive and with warranty and labor covered (even though you CAN do it yourself) that IS a deal...

In my opinion anything with a 790i isn't a good deal. The Biostar I45 costs half as much and is a better overclocker.

The question was IS THIS A GOOD DEAL

Sure! If you want to pay more than its worth, get inferior/unreliable parts and potentially buy a psu that will die on you within a few months. Oh, don't forget when the tubes crack/break and the cooling solution spills all over your parts! That's a riot!

The topic had moved on. perhaps you should read the rest of the thread before posting. I was responding under the impression that you had read everyone else's posts and was referring to them. Forum etiquette frowns on people posting about the first post several pages after the fact. Things had obviously evolved past that.

It was my impression you were able to hold focus past a page of posts... According to you, any question of "is this a good deal" is actually always a question of which parts are best and what should I pay for THOSE parts... Why would this person link to a BUILT computer as opposed to name individual parts if they weren't interested in those named components? Perhaps realize you were wrong here... Forum Etiquette I believe is to stay ON TOPIC... my posts referred to the LATER posts where I tried to bring the attention AWAY from arguing about nvidia vs ati as that wasn't the original question... I hope you can evolve past your pride....

First off the specs you listed aren't a good deal for $1600. You should be able to get crossfire 4870s for that.

You didn't read the thread did you? I was critiquing your list because at this point we had moved on to recommending him parts with which to build a better pc with. This has nothing to do what is and isn't a good deal. This has everything to do with you following the conversation. The topic has moved on and we were staying on it. You were regressing. And stop taking it so personal. I'm not attacking you, I'm critiquing your advice.

I hope you can evolve past your pride.

Wow, I'm not sure what to say. Your the one who went off typing in caps. Also it makes a very poor impression as a new member to flame someone with many more posts. I recommend you just chill man and look how out of place your post was. it was confusing and awkward considering where the thread went. I hope that you can evolve past your pride and learn how forums work.

First off the specs you listed aren't a good deal for $1600. You should be able to get crossfire 4870s for that.

You didn't read the thread did you? I was critiquing your list because at this point we had moved on to recommending him parts with which to build a better pc with. This has nothing to do what is and isn't a good deal. This has everything to do with you following the conversation. The topic has moved on and we were staying on it. You were regressing. And stop taking it so personal. I'm not attacking you, I'm critiquing your advice.

Are you daft?
And stop taking it so personal. I'm not attacking you, I'm critiquing your advice.

Maybe you don't understand what a personal attack is.

learn how forums work.

I am very familiar with forums... I joined this forum hoping that there may be a forum WITHOUT flaming if someone disagrees, but I guess you proved me wrong. It was YOUR post that was off topic, I was pointing that out.

First off the specs you listed aren't a good deal for $1600. You should be able to get crossfire 4870s for that

Again, here you are off the original topic and what my post was getting at. I realized the thread was going in a direction away from the original post, and I was simply stating that the discussion wasn't the original topic. You insist on your ATI agenda, as opposed to answering the original question. A thread hi-jack doesn't mean the original topic can't be discussed.

Sir, perhaps you didn't read my posts. The caps were in place of the words being bold (emphasizing delivery) not anger.

Again, here you are off the original topic and what my post was getting at. I realized the thread was going in a direction away from the original post, and I was simply stating that the discussion wasn't the original topic. You insist on your ATI agenda, as opposed to answering the original question. A thread hi-jack doesn't mean the original topic can't be discussed..

In my opinion the post zmatt originally responded to wasn't very clear. I think his response was suitable.

I assume you think most of us have ATI agenda if recommending graphics cards with great price/performance that can be run in a multi card setup using motherboards that are cheaper and in most cases better to be having an agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom