Seems like everyone is upset

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the performance of the GTX 280 is impressive. It keeps up with sometimes surpassing the 9800GX2...

It's the price that people are upset about.

^^correct^^

it will go down in a month or two as usual. the first gts 512 i bought cost 350 bucks. now you can get them for 150. ah, the beauty of our hobby.

well thing is you can pay 600+ for a card that out performs a 500 dollar card by 2 fps in most games... i don't see the logic in that.

No offense Peter, but this is the stuff that bothers me.

How much was the 7800GTX (I actually don't know, but could probably guess), the 8800GTX, 8800 Ultra, and the 9800GX2 when it was released?

Are you really suprised that it is $600 at launch so the people who don't give a crap about how much a card costs buy it anyways and they actually make some frickin profit before it drops off so us cheap b*****s can afford it?

And those extreme nuts will probably get 2 or 3 for SLI. Its a business first and foremost.

right ... thats my point as to why i'm angry about the gt280/260 cards... they cost so much and don't offer a lot more performance over the gx2. i don't think its a smart move for people who actually know a thing or two about computers and know how to read a review...

for instance, the 7800gtx, 8800gtx and 8800 ultra were all really good cards, and out performed any other card by a fair margin, so they prices were somewhat justifiable.

I see what you are saying. And you aren't going to buy at $650.

But some will.

And then by the 1st or 2nd week of July these cards will be at $500. Then you might buy. I won't step-up right now, nor do I have to. I will probably get something in the $400-$500 range before August 1st. My problem right now is CPU.

I should just go ahead and get a Q6600 or Q6700 instead of waiting for the Nehalem. I probably won't buy that on the release date anyways, so I guess I should seriously consider getting me an Intel before I get a GTX 280 or GTX 260.

^actually I heard that nvidia were getting really bad yields on these new chips. I also heard that each GPU actually costs them around 300 usd to make. In light of that the price makes sense, but at the same time it poops on consumers that don't want to drop 600 bucks on a freakin graphics card!

^actually I heard that nvidia were getting really bad yields on these new chips. I also heard that each GPU actually costs them around 300 usd to make. In light of that the price makes sense, but at the same time it poops on consumers that don't want to drop 600 bucks on a freakin graphics card!

I would probably say you are 100% correct.

I heard that too, even at the prices they become they hardly make any profit per card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom