Seems like everyone is upset

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhgunit

Daemon Poster
With the launch of the GTX 280.

Mostly all I hear are complaints. "Waaa Waaa Waaa, The GTX 280 is just barely better than the 9800GX2". Well.....uhhhh......yeah. A single card is better than the 3 month old 9800GX2?? That isn't bad.

I really think it is a good starting point for this architecture. I may or may not step-up to the GTX 280. I think the 55nm GT200b will probably be the better solution. But to kick of the GT200, this isn't bad IMO.

P.S. People on here aren't really whining that much, it is mainly other places.

Its decent with its lame drivers right now, but if the drivers pull through, its got some potential, and the CUDA is a nice feature

You said it all vernong. Its specs should allow for great improvement with some decent friggin drivers.

And you know where they are going with CUDA right?? That has some potential to flip the computing world upside down.

You said it all vernong. Its specs should allow for great improvement with some decent friggin drivers.

And you know where they are going with CUDA right?? That has some potential to flip the computing world upside down.

Nvidia's CUDA: The End of the CPU? : Introduction - Tom's Hardware

Actually to me the CUDA seems to be the big selling point... but I didn't know it came with Geforce 8800's and Later... hmm... but the GTX 2xx series have those PhysX in it now right?

I would if it was 1.5x to 2x better than the 9800GX2 and if I didn't have a bottleneck for a CPU.

well thing is you can pay 600+ for a card that out performs a 500 dollar card by 2 fps in most games... i don't see the logic in that.

How much is the cost for you to step up? But hopefully we see something better from nVidia in terms of drivers... then we'll see some potential

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom