Second thoughts on RAM selection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

norcal313

Baseband Member
I am in the process of building my first gaming PC. The memory I had selected was recommended by a couple people from this forum. Now that I am ready to start buying I have some second thoughts.

The memory was 2gb of corsair DDR2 800. The price has went from $272 to $240 in a very short period, and on top of it they are now offering a $40 mail in rebate on top of that lowering the price to $200.

The problems I noticed were two recent negative feedback remarks left on newegg's site. Both claim dead sticks and I am hesitant to purchase this memory now.

I wanted to hear from some of you on what your thoughts are, I have included the link to the memory below.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145034

Thanks!

its 15 bucks more after rebate but let me tell you from my experience reabtes are not worth it

and from what i understand the timing difference of the two isnt important at all

fade2black2004 said:
its 15 bucks more after rebate but let me tell you from my experience reabtes are not worth it

and from what i understand the timing difference of the two isnt important at all
We don't have rebates in Europe, so I wouldn't know what it's like. Everybody seems to be cashing in on them though, so I guess it's profitable enough.

The timings can make a difference to some people, it depends what you want to do with your memory. I'd say that if you go out to buy fast memory for $200+ then an extra $15 for some better timings wouldn't hurt.

Thanks for the replies, I was leaning more towards the issue of the recent feedback listing dead sticks of RAM.

I'll decide when I get back from Vegas this weekend (if I sitll have any money left!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom