Searching for the perfect case....

Ethnod

Solid State Member
So building a PC for a friend. I've built a few for him over the last decade or so. We both like the Antec P-Series and last time around I built both our systems in a P180.
I recently built one for myself in the P280 and while he loves the case he now has 2 small children that love pressing the power button when they want his attention so the P280 while great might not be ideal. But I am having trouble finding the perfect case and was hoping for some help.

So, what does the perfect case in our opinion have?

In order of priority:
Quite optimised case for a quiet build
​Simple but stylish design
Power and reset button hidden away (or some kind of system to stop the kids turning the PC off mid game)
Good cable management
Not a cramped case

Any thoughts? Any help would be greatly appreciated

PS: Oh, The 280 is not a cheap case, so not too worried about budget. Probably less than €200 (US $270) but me might spring a little more if its

If they are young children put the case higher up. Mine is on my table. If they are older, discipline.

As to case recommendations, any case that has a door?

He could always take the power button off of another case and plug that in hiddin inside the case and unplug the outer one.

Guys, none of that is what I am looking for. I built my first PC almost 20 years ago. I can change the settings and I can also add another power button and have it hand out from the rear IO and a bunch of other stuff but no offence none of that is why I came here. They are all work around, none ideal and none what I am hoping to do.

Guys, the title of the thread is the perfect case, not how do I mode a case. Sorry, I know its coming across as rude, and I'm sorry about that :eek:, but none of that is what I am looking for. Any case ideas? :p

Ethnod said:
while he loves the case he now has 2 small children that love pressing the power button when they want his attention so the P280 while great might not be ideal.

i dont understand why this is a problem then. why bring it up as information? it's like the math word problems where they also mention that susie's favorite cat is mittens. im sorry i didnt comprehensively answer your question. i did hit the low hanging fruit.

so? money no object? hidden power button? big and stylish with everything you want?

try the CM cosmos 2
COOLER MASTER COSMOS II RC-1200-KKN1 Black Steel ATX Super Tower Computer Case - Newegg.com

That is a stunning case, had not actually seen that one. I think that we might have a winner man. Much appreciated

For $290. that damn thing should be gold plated in the inside!

lol its a stunning case. A bit on the expensive side but then again the cooling solution he is going for is the Swiftech H220 CPU Water Cooler which we will be expanding on as the Swiftech H220 pump is well able for.

Guys, none of that is what I am looking for. I built my first PC almost 20 years ago. I can change the settings and I can also add another power button and have it hand out from the rear IO and a bunch of other stuff but no offence none of that is why I came here. They are all work around, none ideal and none what I am hoping to do.

Guys, the title of the thread is the perfect case, not how do I mode a case. Sorry, I know its coming across as rude, and I'm sorry about that :eek:, but none of that is what I am looking for. Any case ideas? :p
Well then no offense you should have left out the other information like "perfect case, but not ideal" with the kids. If he likes the case and the only problem is the kids hitting the power button then I don't exactly see why spending over 200 bucks on a case for a simple fix is more ideal. To me saving money and keeping the kids from turning my PC off the hard way (which can cause damage) seems a lot more logical than buying a ridiculous case nobody really needs.

But by all means, if it's what he or yourself wants then go for it. I'm not trying to scare you off or anything and I know a ton of good cases that can get any job done like this but simply relocating the power button to an adult "place" seems more logical to me.

Back
Top Bottom