Search for BEST 24" monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

snick

In Runtime
sorry if this might be a repeat post....i searched the forum and couldnt find a post dedicated to this topic....at least not one that wasnt 5+ years old.

i'm torn between the Samsung
SAMSUNG 244t
and the Acer
Acer AL2416Wd

and was also wondering if there is a 24" LCD i'm not aware of that competes with these 2?
does anyone own either of the above monitors? and if so, any problems with said monitor?

New egg has reviews for that reason :p. So if you want feed back on these monitors thats the best place for that.

But i doubt many people here have one of these 24" monitors :p.

I would go with acer before samsung, but thats my opinion. Both are good monitors tho.

Newegg filter out bad comments, so they are worthless.

I don't own a 24" monitor but I would go with the samsung.

I'd go with the Samsung too. It at least comes with a removable stand, unless you plan on mounting it.

yeah, samsung is winning so far in my mind too, for starters i like the way it looks, plus it has an adjustable stand. i'm just not sure if $400 is worth my vanity =) guess i'll ultimately know that come payday. still need to purchase the fx 60....hrmmm, purchase fx 60 and use my 6600 gt till later, and i can be playing on new system by end of month....decisions decisions

thanks for responses, always thought new egg was overpopulated with good reviews.

You sure you want the FX-60...wowsers a 1000 dollard CPU...You could save a bunch of money by getting a FX-57 and then just OC it to FX-60.

FX-60 is better at multi-processing tho right? it's not just my gaming machine, i also run quite a few CAD systems, and i hate it when they bog down b/c all of them are open at once. $200 for one step up doesnt bother me. it's the paying $1600 for the best SLI i cant handle =)

I own the Acer.

I didn't want to spend that much on the Samsung, way to much.

The Acer does great. I havnt done EXTREME gaming on it yet but BF2 looks fine off of my 7800gt. Text size is nice and graphics look great as well. It is mountable of course.

The only thing I'm not estactic about is the menu buttons make it a bit of a pain to switch inputs (which i do a lot). However other than that it is great.

I also found it for around 800 online about a month ago when I purchased.

IM me under the same username on AIM if you want more info, I'd be happy to fill you in.

Unknown Envy said:
You sure you want the FX-60...wowsers a 1000 dollard CPU...You could save a bunch of money by getting a FX-57 and then just OC it to FX-60.
The FX-60 is dual core and the FX-57 is single core. You can't get an extra core from the FX-57 by OC'ing :eek:

You could however get an X2 or an Opteron and OC IT to FX-60 speeds ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom