Screen + keyboard - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 01-27-2007, 12:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default Screen + keyboard

Im lookign for a large sized screen with uber resolution. I was wondering if i could get some reccomendations. Also, can people give tell me what they think of the Dell ones, they look quite good. I dont want to go over $500. Whats the best screen for under that or if theyre a screen thats real good for the money that is only 200 thats cool to.

Next, I need a gaming keyboard with a backlight. How are these ones... and are they're any other reccomendations? (or the eclipse II)

Old 01-28-2007, 01:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Techie

I think the logitech g15 has a backlight. and its got like 78 million macro keys(or 25). I won a razer tarantula in a contest, and i think its the best keyboard out there, mostly because of how the keypress feels. But all the keys arent backlit on it. only the side ones. and the tarantula will cost all you non-winners one hundred bucks.

And for a screen, if youre looking for a widescreen, the 20" widescreen one from dell i think runs at like 1680x1050. It looks pretty good... I have the sceptre x22wg or something like that... its in my sig. but the only con to it is that it wobbles a little too much. but its a good bang for the buck widescreen monitor. its on newegg for like 260.

Intel Conroe e6750
SLI EVGA 8800gts KO's
4GB Patriot DDR2 800mhz
22" Widescreen Sceptre LCD monitor 5ms
OCZ 700W psu
320gb seagate w/ perpindicular tech.
Creative SB X-Fi Fatality
Thermaltake Armor: Extreme Edition
Old 01-28-2007, 10:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Chimei 221D 22" widescreen (16:10) LCD:

1680 x 1050, 5ms, 800:1 contrast ratio

That's the monitor I have, and I love it.

My keyboard is a Logitech G15. the LCD and the media keys are not just cool, but useful too.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
Super Techie

I would get this monitor: Sceptre X20WG for $239.99 if it was sold in Europe.

1680x1050, 5ms, 1000:1 contrast, and built-in speakers in case you want to use those.

EDIT: $40 mail-in rebate and a weekend offer, so if you're quick you can save some money on this one.

As for the keyboard, I back the Logitech G15. Excellent keyboard.
Closed Thread