scrap the custom build for now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyrone

Baseband Member
I just got back from wal mart.

there I saw the most incredible thing. An emachines

This computer had DDRII 1gig geforce 6150 se amd 2650e athlon came w a 20" lcd widescreen with built in spkers, and everything you need. thing looks like an xbox 360 and its relatively the same size. bare boness unit, micro atx board not filled with propprietory software! xp HOME 32bit FTW!

and this thing was trueblue better then everything on the shlf in all software, hardware, and deal.

Maybe I'll just hold off on my custom build.

This thing can at least handle a videocard upgrade and mem in the near future and last me through school.

Im on a budget. this is a decent set up for the buck.

$400 man cant beat that!

Yes, you can beat that.

For $400-500 you can get a decent AMD build that will smoke that e-machine.

This post kind of sounds like a joke, but in case it isn't... don't buy that thing. Give me a few minutes to put together a build for you, and let me know what you think.

EDIT: Round 1
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ - Desktop Memory

Newegg.com - Hanns·G HW-191DPB Black 19" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 700:1 Built in Speakers - LCD Monitors

Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD5000AAKS 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Black 22X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD+R DL 22X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache IDE 22X DVD±R DVD Burner - CD / DVD Burners

Use Windows 7 RC instead of buying an OS for now. Will save you about $100 for a year.

This is assuming you needed a monitor/HDD, but you don't need a mouse/keyboard. This monitor has built in speakers like you mentioned, but keep in mind I have never heard good built in speakers on a monitor yet.

Even with the integrated video in this build. it is still better than the video in that emachine. With some more money you could get a decent 3 series card for hybrid Crossfire.

Comes to $408.90 plus about $6 shipping minus some MIR. I'm sure others can suggest alternate hardware and such, this was just a quick build to show you how much more you could get for your money. If you bought that emachine you'd need to upgrade ram, videocard, and PSU. With this you might want a new videocard, if you play new games.

Just so you know, it's a bit of a hobby of mine to walk to the prebuilt computers in Wal-Mart and laugh at them. This one's no exception.

Thillys build is good, never under estimate the power of custom built computers!

lol hiki i like to do that too, i saw one of those Acer predator computers for about 3.5G at a local electronics store in Australia, it has a single 4850 GPU in it, even though it came with a 24 incher thats a ripoff even by Australian price standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom