Saved enough money for 2k Gaming Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinoy3000

Daemon Poster
I know I've been posting several builds here and asking your guy's opinion. And I still havent bought the parts yet! The thing is....... once I find something better than the parts I chose, I just can't stop thinking and would rather get that "better" part instead of the one I chose. Hehe. Well, I saved a lot of money that I can now afford at least a $2k Gaming Rig. Ive created several wish list starting from $1,500 to $1,800 and now to $2,100 Gaming Rig :D $300 increments each time :D

Here's the Previous builds I made......

$1,500 rig - Wish list details

$1,800 rig - Wish list details

$2,100 rig - Wish list details

Which one should I go for? Hehe, there isnt a huge difference between the $1,800 and $2,100 rig except the $2,100 has 4GB or RAM (something I dont really need) and Vista Ultimate.

I would go with the 1800 rig except change a few things.

Instead of the P5N 650i go with the MSI P6N 650i as it's a newer model and cheaper. This thing overclocks awesome too.

Newegg.com - MSI P6N SLI-FI LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

As for the Case if you want a full tower then get the Armor case but they are huge and not really needed so you could go with the NZXT and be happy.

As for a monitor I went from a 15 inch standard to a 19 inch wide and I notice a huge difference but I'm not really that much happier. I would go back and buy an X-FI, speakers, and a headset instead If I could. The Hanns G 19inch wide accompanied with an 8800GTS 320 will offer incredibly high frames for some time blowing away any games due to the lower res while 3 inches is nice but I swear 19inch wide is all you will need. Still though if you want 3 more inches go for it.

Instead of the Zalman get one of these!!

Newegg.com - MSI P6N SLI-FI LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

They are much better than a zalman honestly and noted as one of the very best CPU coolers out there. They just don't look as sexy as the Zalman is all and quite large....rather huge.

I like the second one. The thrid link takes you to the second build also, but still like the second build.

edit: nvm....i didn't catch the 2x2gb..still like the second one though

You could keep the fsp 450w psu from the 1st build. Your not getting much more power on the +12v. Unless you want the modular psu for a cleaner look which is cool and justifies the extra money i guess.

I guess you want to sli latter with the 650i mobo. Sli isn't that great though and the 650i is only x8 x8 speeds which further inhibits the performance boost. I would either get a 680i board if you really want sli that bad or get a good 965p mobo (the asus p5b-deluxe is an awesome board).

I would say go with xp instead of vista since there seems to be bugs still left to work out with the new operating system, but i think you might as well get vista since your building a systm from scratach. Just know that you might run into some problems with vista since its still a fairly new OS.

Make sure to get a tube of artic silver 5 w/ that zalman 9500...better temps.

Every thing else looks good to me. If you follow my suggestions, we'll have similar builds (its a common combination right now so not much of a suprise :p) except i have a stacker and xp pro.

lol SLI at 8x and 8x could handle 2 7900GTX if it was needed and probably two 8800GTS since we haven't even got close to reaching the maximum bandwidth of PCI-E. AGP is 8x and there's still plenty of bandwidth left over as they just released the X1950XT for it.

The P6N overclocks just as well as the P5B Deluxe (which I don't reccomend anymore as the P5B-E is just as good if not better and cheaper)

Get either one of these three.

MSI P6N 650i
DS3
P5B-E

all of those are great boards and will do what you need em to do.

Stick with the Hiper in any build as it is modular and just is more future proof plus the cables are sleeved and FSP is not and those look nasty.

Ye i like the second build ($1,800) as its much cheaper and I dont really need Ultimate and 4GB or RAM but it would be sweet to have it though. :D As for the motherboard, I think ill keep the ones I have right now on that wish list because I like the fact that I can use that for a quad processors incase I need to upgrade and etc. So.... I might either go with the second or the first build :D I have a $800.00 Paycheck coming up this friday so that might help me decide which one I should get, Pfft. I still have to pay bills to hahah :D

You don't really need 4 Gigs of ram, and I would get the NZXT full tower case with 8 fans, if you don't go to lan parties that much. And if you can, you might as well try to save a few extra bucks and get a gtx. Thats just me though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom