Save a little money on this set up??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q9550 will be $316 when the price cut occurs.

GOD! i'm tired of people recommending duel-cores when they cost over $180!

lol...SO WHAT? the 9550 will still cost twice as much as an e8400. is it going to perform twice as well? uh, NO. if he needs a quad, which read my post as i edited it yesterday, did i not suggest waiting for the q9550? if he cant wait, or the price cuts aren't on schedule, i say e8x00. regardless of if that tires you or not. there are several reasons....

if you are going to to spend $200 for a CPU, why would you want to spend it on a duel-core when you could get a quad-core for the same price?!

let me count the reasons....
1) the only quad that is 200 dollars is a q6600. the ones shipping now are consistently crappy, high voltage overclockers. look at it this way, intel is liquidating the stock so they can replace it with a 45nm quad. hardly anyone is getting the super low VID chips shipped to them anymore. very rarely indeed is that happening.
why would you want to get an older, consistently lower performing quad core when you can get a dual core that performs BETTER for LESS money?! riddle me that, batman. lol. its the same old AMD vs intel argument that was used against me for so long....except then i had manufacturer loyalty backing me up...cant use that with intel vs intel lol.
2) the q6600 is HOT.
3) the 45nm dual cores are BETTER GAMING CHIPS. with a couple exceptions of games that use 4 cores.
4) the 45nm duals are better overclockers.
5) the 45nm duals scale better when overclocked, voltage wise AND performance wise.

duel-core=$100 per core
Quad-core=$50 per core

it's basically buy 2 cores get 2 free if you get a quad are that price
this statement is pretty much rendered moot by my points above, IMO. if the cores dont perform the same, YOU CANT COMPARE THEM DIRECTLY.

EDIT: I don't think the 8x and 16x thing makes such a different because cards don't use it right now anyway

as far as i know, it really doesn't. nosboost and i had this discussion the other day. the only thing that would maybe make a difference would be running two super high end cards, with pcie bus overclocked, cards overclocked, with ridiculous resolution.
one card overclocked aint gonna saturate pcie2.

Only Duo I think thats worth buying now, is the e7200, the rest aren't plain worth it anymore

I went with the e7200 just for this fact... I can oc the he** out of it and it will perform the same as the 8400. I'm just gonna wait until the quads come down in price and get one then...

Q9550 will be $316 when the price cut occurs.

GOD! i'm tired of people recommending duel-cores when they cost over $180!

if you are going to to spend $200 for a CPU, why would you want to spend it on a duel-core when you could get a quad-core for the same price?!

duel-core=$100 per core
Quad-core=$50 per core

it's basically buy 2 cores get 2 free if you get a quad are that price

EDIT: I don't think the 8x and 16x thing makes such a different because cards don't use it right now anyway

And im tired of people saying get a q6600 because its future proof...lol. It makes me laugh everytime.

And im tired of people saying get a q6600 because its future proof...lol. It makes me laugh everytime.

Same here.... Why would anyone buy a duel core when you can have four slower cores for the same price, even though most everything can't effectively use all four cores resulting in lower performance? Oh wait... Nvm

Its really up to you, if you want to upgrade soon, stick with Dual cores, and then upgrade to a Nehalem sooner or later, or if you don't want to buy now, stick with your current rig and buy Nehalem later or buy Quad now, and keep it for a while or upgrade that to Nehalem

everything still runs good on the q6600 correct? cuz if so ill do that so after my build i dont have to worry about an upgrade soon so i can save money for that expensive stuff that makes my car go :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom