Save a little money on this set up??

Status
Not open for further replies.

I had these in my last system and they were great...

heres what i got totalling 857.75 before rebates and 807.75 after MIR.

MOBO: Newegg.com - DFI LP LT X48-T2R LGA 775 Intel X48 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Any reason you have to have this board? I went with the DFI LP x38 board... That would save you another $70 bucks or so...

Just to clarify what surgeVal said, the 4870 cards do require two 6pin power connectors for each card. But they also come with two molex to 6pin adapters with the card.

So it is possible

so it looks like as soon as i got 900 in the bankage ima be buyin a new computer :D

I picked it over the amount options it has.. whats the difference between the lp lt and the lp?

is this one any good its a downgrade but cheaper and it doesnt seem like ill be missing much performance

Newegg.com - DFI LANPARTY DK X38-T2R LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

then the lp lt which i posted earlier...

Newegg.com - DFI LP LT X48-T2R LGA 775 Intel X48 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

gaming computer = e84/8500 FTW....
just an option. also, from what i heard, there is a price cut in like 4 days or so. in terms of quads, q9550 is supposed to be price of q9450 (like $379). i'd wait a couple more days and investigate that. if the 9550 goes that low, i'll be buyin me one lol like real quick.

EDIT: whoops, just saw the "multi-task" part of your post at the bottom. in any event, i'd wait and see what the 45nm quads are gonna do. maybe the q6600 will even go down a little.

So I went looking for x8 vs x16 crossfire comparison and I found this... Not sure how accurate it is.

Legion Hardware

The p45 x8 consistently beat the x38 with ATI 4850s so that might be something to think about.

Q9550 will be $316 when the price cut occurs.

GOD! i'm tired of people recommending duel-cores when they cost over $180!

if you are going to to spend $200 for a CPU, why would you want to spend it on a duel-core when you could get a quad-core for the same price?!

duel-core=$100 per core
Quad-core=$50 per core

it's basically buy 2 cores get 2 free if you get a quad are that price

EDIT: I don't think the 8x and 16x thing makes such a different because cards don't use it right now anyway

Only Duo I think thats worth buying now, is the e7200, the rest aren't plain worth it anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom