Save a little money on this set up??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could go P45 over x48... Though I don't know if theirs a performance difference on the 4850's in crossfire on 8x compared to 16x.

Microcenter has the OEM version for $180

in store pickup only :(

yea, if you aren't going to Crossfire/don't care about 8x-8x crossfire you could go with a good P45 and probably save like $80-100 on that alone

EDIT: I'm not to sure if you would be able to crossfire with that PSU...not to good with power requirements.

Also, retail versions are good so you have the 3 warranty. OEM CPUs only have 30day warranties.

Yes you can crossfire two 4850's with that PSU, but not two 4870's. It only has 2x PCI-E connectors and the 4870's each take 2 connectors.

im hopeing to buy this sooner then planned because i got cod4 and my graphics cards a little ***** and wont run it grrr... and i must play cod4 lol MUST play lol. is it possible to get one stick of 2gb ddr2? if not im going to go 2 sticks of 2x1gb ddr2. 4gb is over i kill for only having 32 bit system ive decided..

X that last question i answered it by looking lol. which would be better one stick of 2gbddr2 or 2x1gbddr2?

what about this ram??

Newegg.com - OCZ Gold Series 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom