SATA HD install guides?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
Im putting my system together as I write this and was wondering if theres any guides on how to install SATA Hard drives with good pictures cause I don't want to make that mistake of plugging in the wrong plugs

you just need to plug in the RED (SATA) cables, and then the power cables..and thats it...just make sure you set your hard drive jumper to use SATA II instead of SATA I

No way fade! The last thing you would imagine being a guide is using a phillips screwdriver to screw the HDD and optical drive into it's bay and mounting the motherboard!

wow this is the last thing i would imagine needing a guide for

well Im really nervous and this is my first computer build. I was supposed to have a friend who has a lot of computer build experience help me build it, but we got in a fight because he was frustrated I was so careful with my 2000 dollar build and left. So Im on my own and good riddens, cause ill build this computer by tonight alright working or not despite everyone I know doubting me.

We're just joking around Gabb. :laughing: Well do you see a SATA power connector (from the PSU) and a red SATA cable? Connect the SATA power connector to the longer slot and the red SATA cable to the shorter slot. Then connect the other end of the red SATA cable to either one of the purple or orange slots. Remember to take out the jumper on your HDD so that the data search speed won't be limited.

We're just joking around Gabb. :laughing: Well do you see a SATA power connector (from the PSU) and a red SATA cable? Connect the SATA power connector to the longer slot and the red SATA cable to the shorter slot. Then connect the other end of the red SATA cable to either one of the purple or orange slots. Remember to take out the jumper on your HDD so that the data search speed won't be limited.

Is there any differance in the purple/orange slots, ones called IC9 or some crap like that. Also what is this jumper on the HDD that you speak of? I see no mention of it in the website instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom