SATA hard drive question

Status
Not open for further replies.

R1C0CH3T

Daemon Poster
alright, i have my current hard drive that has two windows xp home ed. installed on it. my computer is a newer dell dimension 9100. a while back, i tried to reinstall windows xp, but i messed up and then had two windows xp. then, later, a windows system config error happened, i fixed it, but then my original windows xp didn't work because the usb ports and all those ports didn't work, so i couldn't do anything. lately ive been using the windows xp that was an accident. i was wondering if i just bought a new sata hard drive off of newegg for 62 bucks, would it be ok? i dont need to keep any of the files on my current hd. i bought bf2 about 3 months ago and still haven't played it because of multiple problems. i just want to start over. will buying a new hd work?

Yea it should do unless their is other problems in ur comp but doesnt sound like their is. Couldnt u jiust reformat ur HD and start over with that. And if that dont work get a new HD.

id say you should just format your hard drive and then install a fresh copy of windows, but after you install windows and all your drivers and games make sure you defrag, its gets pretty nasty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom