Sapphire HD4850 reliability?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevininsimi

Solid State Member
Hello,

I currently have a Visiontek HD4850, I am considering buying another 4850 so I can do crossfire. Due to my budget, I really don't feel like spending $200.00 on a Visiontek 4850. I noticed that on newegg there is a Sapphire 4850 for a lot less. How reliable are they? Are they a good choice to go with? Obviously since there is a difference in the price, there must be some difference... I think.. lol.

Also, I would be able to crossfire the 2 cards if one was Visiontek and one was Sapphire, correct? Its the same card, same speed, same everything.

Thanks!!

Firstly.. make sure you have a CrossfireX board..

B. yes it will work fine.. if one is overclocked a bit more than the other, overclock the other so it scales better :D
C. Unless you play at 1920x1200 or higher there's no need of Crossfire..

I have an MSI K9A2 Platinum motherboard, and I have a 1000W PSU.

My resolution is set at 1680x1050.

CF will help more with high res cuz you've got the extra framebuffer... but it should help you pump out some more frames in just about anything (im able to play Crysis in very high... just play... its barely acceptable... around 35fps)

either way... sapphire is a very highly renowned board partner of ATI, its up there either number one or two between saph and HIS

CF will help more with high res cuz you've got the extra framebuffer... but it should help you pump out some more frames in just about anything (im able to play Crysis in very high... just play... its barely acceptable... around 35fps)

either way... sapphire is a very highly renowned board partner of ATI, its up there either number one or two between saph and HIS

Then where is VisionTek. 3rd?

there really aren't too many ATI manufacturers but sapphire is my favorite, they have the smexiest art on their cards. too bad its upside-down.. curses... but yeah, HIS is pretty good, but i've only ever owned ATI (back when they made their own cards) and sapphire and i've never had problems with them. (owned 3 cards, 2 sapphire, 1 ATI)

id probably say it goes saph>his>msi>vt>palit and then there's a bunch of others... saphs always have some anime chix on em, so not only are the graphics it makes pretty hot, but so are the ones on the card lol

id probably say it goes saph>his>msi>vt>palit and then there's a bunch of others... saphs always have some anime chix on em, so not only are the graphics it makes pretty hot, but so are the ones on the card lol

It doesn't matter if there is hot chicks when you going to remove the fan/heatsink for a water cool block.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom