Saphire radeon x1950PRO - 2 x Molex?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deanos63

Baseband Member
Hi all,

i was wondering if anyone is running one of these cards using a hiper PSU type- R Modular?

I currently just brought the hiper type - R PSU with 580W, and i have the radeon x1950pro on order, (Should recieve it tomorrow)

Firstly i have noticed that the it is a power hungry card, will my PSU be ok for this card?

secondly, i'm not sure about the molex connections on the back of the card, this is why i would be grateful for anyone with the same PSU and GC to come forward and let me know your configuration of your power connectors (long shot i know) or anyone who is familiar with the setup of the type R psu.

My quirk is that i don't think i will be able to run seperate power connectors from the PSU. any suggestions would be a great help? i don't want to run a daisy chain between the two molex connectors.

i currently have 2 HDD and a DVD rom and CDrw.

It will power the Card, I do believe the X1950Pro requires one PCIE connector, which that Power supply has.

And if the card has 2 Molex Connectors, then you can use the Converter that comes with the card or two Molexs from the PSU.

Then use the Converter that comes with the Card.

One Molex Splits into two. Though it is Better if you can string them off the PSU Directly.

oh i didn't think it would come with a converter, anyway i will soon find out.

maybe it would be better too string my HDD with my cd/dvd roms?

I wouldn't. Harddrives are more sensitive to High or low voltages. And splitters add resistence to the circuit. Thus decreasing the Voltages and total power to said device. Not by much, but still it can add up over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom