Samsung monitors...... just me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyCurious

Daemon Poster
I just bought a Samsung 205bw.... although the advertisement said it was a 204bw... it's actually pretty good, no dead pixels. Just a bit BRIGHT even on the lowest settings. Are the new generation monitors this bright too?

The 205bw is 600:1 contrast ratio and 16.7million colors.... and I bought it for $199+$15 = $214.00. Should I get something with a better contrast ratio with this price? I still have 3 months to return this one (costco).

The one they advertised was the 204bw which is a 700:1 contrast ratio and 16.2 million colors. Not sure how much of a difference this would make.... any suggestions?

Bestbuy.com They are updating their site currently, but you can still view their weekly ad. They have a 22" westinghouse monitor for $180 which is an absolutely amazing deal. My friend bought one at Best Buy last year when they went on sale for $200, just as good if not better than my 22" chimei I got from newegg, it has a crap load of plugins which is nice if you want to play your video game systems through it.

hmm...I think theres not a huge difference between 800:1 and 1000:1. But I think for that price, you paid for that monitor, you could of gotten better specs. Like:
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG 906BW Black 19" 2 ms (GTG) DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 2000:1 DC - Retail

I was really thinking about that monitor, but it doesn't come with a DVI cable and it's 1" smaller than what I have now. It also has that stupid "A" or "S" version which I don't like... I got the 205bw from Costco and the box is in PERFECT condition... I'm afraid if I order from newegg the monitor will be kinda messed up from UPS or w/e.

Is there a big difference between a 19" to 20"? I'm going to wait 3 months and see if I can get a better deal on the 225bw Samsung... it was around $220 with MIR a month ago.

There's a pretty noticeable difference between 19 and 20, especially if the 19 standard and not widescreen. The difference between 22 and 20 is a lot bigger though, and a much better choice, check my post above if you missed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom