Samsung launches 30-inch LED-backlit monitor and USB monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
Can you say "Sweet!"? I knew you could.

First up is the SyncMaster XL30. It is a 30" LCD that uses LED backlighting. This allows it to use true colors. "The monitor has a monstrous 2560 by 1600 pixel resolution, 3000 to 1 contrast ratio and a very high 2ms response time. Brightness is 300 cd/m2. There is also an on-board USB hub."
CeBIT 2007: Samsung introduces 30-inch LED-backlit monitor | TG Daily

Next, we have the SyncMaster 940UX. It is a 19" monitor that will allow you to daisy-chain up to five more of them together via USB. Yes, USB.
Samsung launches USB monitor
Translated version of http://monitor.samsung.de/article.asp?artid=31080052-CC7F-4141-9C9E-336EE9BF8DFC - translated Samsung page

Digitimes page - CeBIT 2007: Samsung introduces 30-inch LED-based monitor

Wish they gave prices...

should be moved but great find trotter, i may think of getting one of these, nvm i know why you posted here hardly anyone looks in the new technology thread:(

dell already has a 30" lcd right, but i think the response time isn't 2ms so sweet :). Im sure it will be like $1200 or something though. Guess i got to settle for a 22" this summer :p.

dell already has a 30" lcd right, but i think the response time isn't 2ms so sweet :). Im sure it will be like $1200 or something though. Guess i got to settle for a 22" this summer :p.

For that much I think I would rather got buy a projector and screen... may not be as sweet buy I like the idea of having a 90 inch screen lol.

Very cool! I'm happy with my Samsung monitor's, So I have no doubt's these will be great too!

Sounds nice. I have a 30" dell and its great. This monitor sounds like it will cost $$$$$ perhaps somewhere around $2000. Dell just came out with a new 30" @ 1000:1 contrast ratio, which is $1600. I'm sure the led backlighting will provide a way better gammut though. I don't think the apple 30" has much of a market anymore, since the monitor is hugely over-priced, and has the worst specs out of 4 different 30" 2560x1600 monitors. I'm still waiting on the laser monitors :)

Sorry to kill the party..

but could someone tell me the difference between this monitor and all the other 30inchers?

I know samsung has great HD Ready TV's because i have one.

Thanks

Sorry to kill the party..

but could someone tell me the difference between this monitor and all the other 30inchers?

I know samsung has great HD Ready TV's because i have one.

Thanks

party lol....it has 2ms response time were as the dell has 12ms response time. Big difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom