Samsung 216BW BLANK. Help me troubleshoot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sardonic

Baseband Member
I bought two Samsung 216BW monitors over the weekend. I gave one to my Mom, who just started grad school, and the 2nd was for myself. The one I gave my mom works wonderfully, and this is a BEAUTIFUL monitor. The one I tried installing on my new system does NOT work despite everything I have tried.

I am wondering if anybody has any troubleshooting ideas to help me out. Obviously my first move as soon as I get home is to test the non-working 216bw on my mom's system, to see if it works there. If it does, then I know the monitor is good and the system is incompatible.

What other kinds of troubleshooting can I try? It was driving me nuts last night.

The DVI output didn't work even though I have a DVI vid card on my mom's set up. It didn't work until I tried VGA. On my setup, neither DVI nor VGA worked.

Q6600
8800GTS
p35-ds3r (F4) [I am thinking of flashing to F5 tonight]
Crucial Ballistix
Plugged into an 1875watt surge protector

what resolution/refresh rate was your old monitor? i had a crt that ran at 1600x1200 85hz and when i got a new lcd nothing came up it took me a while to realise the resolution was too high for the monitor and for some reason windows could not adjust the size automatically. just a thought but you could have the same problem.

Very good thoughts. The new monitor is much larger than the old, however. Also I desire to run the old next to the new, but the new is now the primary.

I can't even pull up the OSD. I have a feeling I'll be going to circuit city tonight. THIS is exactaly why I purchased the monitor from a physical store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom