Safety hazards

Status
Not open for further replies.

gloomer

In Runtime
I'm an asthmetic and I'm wondering what kind of dust there could be when assembling and deassembling computers.

What other dangerous things are there?

Is there an order in which i should unplug things when assembling or deasembling?

Sorry I just want to know what I'm getting into before I get into it.

Thanks for answering the questions.

Cheers

I work on a hard wood floor so I know that would help.

Ummm well this is a weird sort of question to be put on a Computer Hardware forum but...

Wear a dustmask because most likely an old computer that hasnt been used wil gather dust. Even if you use it everyday it gathers alot of dust. like the computer I got now. the chassis fan had a quarry on it. alot of dust so be careful about dust if you have alergys.

There will probably be a lot of dust, although it depends on how old the computer is and where it is.

Unplug the PSU from the wall first, then push the Power button to discharge any extra electricity stored in the caps before doing anything. Make sure you ground yourself or discharge any static electricity so you don't fry anything.

well the subforum is building buying and upgrading.

I'm looking at building and this is about building.

Like any electrical hazards? shocks? anythin g?

How would I ground myself and discharge static electricity?

Sorry I'm not the greatest in science 0_0

Get a grounding wrist strap or touch your hands on a metal part of the case. Be aware that static electricty can damage computer hardware and there is not risk of electrical shock if its not pluged it. ALWAYS ALWAYS unplug before you go into a computer because i have fried a friends computer from not unpluging it first

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom