Sad Times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rakie

In Runtime
Not sure whats going on but this PC isn't working very well. While im online it will kick me off saying there was an unknown error.

Video card randomly turns off games. The games recognize what it is and suggest Max settings, but a little into the game it just turns the game off, doesn't say there are errors or anything like that, doesn't go non responsive, the screen just goes black for half a second and I'm at my desktop.

Im going to probably reformat this and give it another go. Not sure what else to do.

you can get alot of strange problems from a failing psu. maybe you should check that out too?

Make sure everything is seated properly. If you get any bsod's, it may be a driver issue, i have the same board (minus sli) so i can help you out.

ok, I reinstalled windows and all the drivers, and now its MUCH worse but in different ways...

Right now the best resolution I can get is 640x480.... On my 22" widescreen with the eVGA 8800GT...

It was fine at first. But I really don't know what to do now, what could be failing ???

I'll check responses on another PC, I really need the help guys, I need this running and stable January :(

So far, RAM and PSU are on your guys list, keep the idea's coming.

Drivers, i didnt install the onboard sound driver and nvidia ide driver i think it was, cause one of the two would make my system unstable when booting.

I reformated 5 times when i built this rig, so yeah but i think if you cant uninstall from control panel, then another format is in order. That way you can isolate which driver it is.

It sounds like a graphics problem if you can't change resolutions. Make sure you have up to date drivers, and make sure your card is seated correctly. Also, try using one or the other sticks of RAM. Don't get flustered! I had to reinstall about 5-6 times to get my last system working correctly, and it took about 2 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom