running games on low fps

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChosterF

Solid State Member
is it normal for the witcher 2 to be running at around 10 fps during the scene where your surroundings are on fire, and at around 25fps during a calm scene, whilst using a gtx 460?

the recommended card was a gtx 260, so i can't see why the gpu usage was at 100% (using evga precision).
could this possibly be due to my abysmal PSU? (it's a storm 600W, 24A on 12V)

GA M720 US3 (n720 chipset)
AMD Phenom II X6 1045T
4GB RAM

thanks for any help, in advance

Check to see what your anti aliasing, Anisotropic filtering and ambient occlusions settings are. anti aliasing should be at 4x for best performance vs visuals and same for Anisotropic filtering. And make sure you're playing at a decent resolution. And yes, that psu more than likely doesn't even enough power over the 12v rail to run that card. The minimum requirement is 24A so you may be cutting it a bit fine especially if you have high power draw and/or lots of other components in your pc.

I max this game out with a GT440 Im pretty sure yours is better Are your drivers up to date??
Game Patched??

Check to see what your anti aliasing, Anisotropic filtering and ambient occlusions settings are. anti aliasing should be at 4x for best performance vs visuals and same for Anisotropic filtering. And make sure you're playing at a decent resolution. And yes, that psu more than likely doesn't even enough power over the 12v rail to run that card. The minimum requirement is 24A so you may be cutting it a bit fine especially if you have high power draw and/or lots of other components in your pc.

my resolutions is at 1600x1080 (or around that figure) which is my primary display, but i'm also running another monitor, which i run things like, core temp, and resource monitor on.
the amd supposedly runs at 95W (94.8 ,maxTDP according to core temp, and 93 according to CPU Z) but HW monitor says that the power being drawn at 105W? (this remains the same, no matter if i disable two cores or increase the clockspeed)

Are your drivers up to date??
Game Patched??

my drivers are up to date, my game is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom