Rumor: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GX2 Coming February 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back on topic, whoever thinks these cards will launch at $500, all I've got to say is keep hoping. I think we're easily going to see it break or come close to $1000. It's a double threat:

1) It's a launch of a new series
2) It's friggin dual-gpu

Some of you might think that number is a bit pessimistic, wait and see, I'll put a wager on it.

Back on topic, whoever thinks these cards will launch at $500, all I've got to say is keep hoping. I think we're easily going to see it break or come close to $1000. It's a double threat:

1) It's a launch of a new series
2) It's friggin dual-gpu

Some of you might think that number is a bit pessimistic, wait and see, I'll put a wager on it.

I'm with you.. might be even higher... we won't even see it at 500$ until Quarter Price Cuts, and it'll probably still be higher than that...

ya but imagine the crysis performence lol... im also betting itl be crazy expensive, and they wont sell many, where also gonna be needing a 3d mark 08, as these things will destroy 03.

ya but imagine the crysis performence lol... im also betting itl be crazy expensive, and they wont sell many, where also gonna be needing a 3d mark 08, as these things will destroy 03.

well, if its around the 1k mark..i guess no stepping up for me.
That price is just not worth it.

over 1000$? Thats suicide. But I guess if they want to milk the 8800's longer. Isn't ati's card dual-gpu? The price on that wasn't staggering over any of their other cards.

idc what it is i'll grab one if it kills me >.> As long as theres a good performance leap.

if its like 15% over the ultra then only a retard would buy one for over 1k heh

I dunno I'm expecting 800$. If its any more than that i'll be a bit disappointed cause I'm not sure theres even going to be much of an increase. If anything i'm probably just looking to see if it handles dx10 any better than the 8800's.

im not sure on the 3870's i wana get yet, i might get an 8800gts i just wana max crysis at 1280x1024, is all i care about. im really pro at power strugle on crysis, i get like 30 kills like 2 deaths per match, im a preaty mean sniper, and i find the best spots.

ATI's new 3870 x2 is a dual socket type of card. This one sounds to be a dual pcb card like the 7900gx2 was. So I would see this having a higher production cost. Still if this card is true I'm gonna guess a msrp of around $800, but there could be some mark ups.

In the past, how big of a jump is seen between the cards, I heard the mid-range and high end tend to become twice as fast with each passing generation, but I heard it from a pretty crappy source.

Performance jumps range in all kinds of hardware. The 5 series from Nvidia wasn't a huge jump but the 6,7, and 8 were pretty decent. ATI's 9 series was a huge jump. IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom