Which Router To Choose? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 12-24-2009, 05:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Which Router To Choose?

Not sure if this goes here, but never-the-less, I am currently searching for a new router and stuck between the Linksys WRT610N: LinksysbyCisco Simultaneous Dual-N Band Wireless Router WRT610N and the Dlink DGL 4500: D-Link Xtreme N Gaming Router

Any opinions on the two? The Linksys sounds a little juicier with the simultaneous dualbands, but not sure of the sqft range. From what I've read on the Dlink, users are seeing a max 10-15ft wifi and not sure if their dualbands can be used simultaneously?...

Thanks for any assistance

Old 12-26-2009, 10:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster
Default Re: Which Router To Choose?

Do not say D-Link in front of me, please. They are crap... (IMO)

Others would say bad things about the Linksys as well. I happen to own a Linksys WRT54GL with DD-WRT. Been running flawless for 3-4 years now...

I would also recommend looking at Netgear. (I broke my Netgear that I had 5 years ago, but that was my own fault )

But on the specs, do you really need N-draft? Do any of your computers/laptops use N? If no, you would save a few bucks by getting a B/G router.
Neowin.net Steam Account
Closed Thread