Rosewill Powersupply?

Status
Not open for further replies.
rosewill power supplies are very good cheap budget build ones. They don't have the highest efficiency or anything but they have rock solid rails comparable to that of a Corsair. The older models weren't that good but the new ones with the RP500/550 product code are oem's made by Chainwell Tech. Chainwell is the same company that produces Antec PSU's. I have a rosewill in my system but it is a recommended one.

Considering that I had 3/3 products were crap, I'd assume that the PSU's suck.

That's why on a budget I'd get the xcilio, Epower, or rosewill last, if I had to.

Thats fine in your opinion, because of your particular experiences. But don't attempt using that reason as fact towards people who want or need to use them for builds..

Noone is making your buy any specific brand, we are going with the average experiences of a product, not one persons experience. And on the average, buyers of rosewill power supplies have been pleased.

1. Anyone have experience with this particular psu? I heard its loud which is something I wouldn't want.

2. Is rosewill good about their rebates? I would not be happy if I didn't get the rebate.

3. Can anyone suggest a better choice for a $50 psu with or without rebate, though without would be best. If I upgrade soon it would probably be to a e2180, a newer video card in the sub $200 range, and I run 3 hard drives.

Well, I know from personal experience and we bought a bunch through work that had more problems than success...so I can pretty much recommend with confidence that Rosewill PSUs are crap. Their cases are good but it's not worth $50 bucks to have to RMA it two weeks later.

I believe that Rosewill brand is Newegg's generic brand so I think their rebate process should be pretty slick.

I don't know if you have a CompUSA around you, but a lot of them are going out of business. As of last week PSUs were 40% off and they had a good selection still. You could pick up a 600w Antec or CoolerMaster for around $50 probably.

Brands I would recommend:
Thermaltake
OCZ
Antec
I was iffy about CoolerMaster but this one I have has been a champ
Corsair
PC Power and Cooling

Stay away from:
Raidmax
Rosewill
Apevia

Again, these recommendations are from personal experience. Take them as you will.

Wow so much hate in this thread..

How many of you have ACTUALLY had a Rosewill?

I do, i have a 750w Xtreme...and I've had NO problems out of it what so ever....saying a product is crap just because it is cheaper than most is a sheer sign of ignorance. Mine is SLI certified and will run 2 Ultra/GTX's with no sweat.

Would I buy another Xtreme series PSU..yes.
Would I buy a lower end Rosewill...probably not

Just be careful, if it craps out on you, it might take your whole system with it, But ya, it's probably loud because of the 2x 80mm fans vs. 120mm fans. Rosewill is Neweggs Generic brand, so rebates should be pretty fast.

my very good friend just purchased a 850w rosewill form new egg, he had to travel down to the us to pick it up but he was visiting relatives anyway, he loves it as far as i know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom