Right, this is starting to pi$$ me off!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

24hrs

Baseband Member
After getting my new build to work, it boots up ( with cd unplugged from psu... and yes, itried with psu ) gives me an optionm to start normally, safe mode blah blah...... but when i try and do that i got a flash of the windows loading screen then this error message:

"a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer

check for viruses on your computer and remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. check hard drive to see if it is properly configured and terminated. Run chkdsk /F to check for hard drive corruption and then restart your computer

Technical Information
***STOP 0X0000007B (OXF7C7A640, 0X00000034, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)"

I cant find my xp cd, so i have decided to install win 2k pro over it

with my cd drive, im on the lanparty nf4 screen for *ages* ( i'm not sure whats up with that ) ..... but anyway, i get through the first stage of installing it ( copying files deleting xp, blah blah ) it tells me that it wants to restart and continue.... fair enough, i let it restart and whatnot BUT it always takes me back to the start of the setup again ( and i have progresed through that numerous times )

i unplugged the psu out of the cd rom drive, and the computer boots very promptly, and gives me the choice of starting up on win 2k, to continue the set up. (booting of the hd it seems ) it loads 2k and takes me to a different setup screen than before, but i need the psu plugged into the cd rom drive to continue

with the cd drive plugged in, and even when i make the hd 1st boot choice and remove cd rom drive from 2nd and third ( and remove it as primary slave ) it still wont boot off the hard drive

does anyone know what to do? this system is screwing me round so much..

First, instaed of unplugging the power from your Optical Drives just change the boot priority (HardDive - CDROM - Floppy). Second, it sounds like you just got a bad install of Windows XP (happens to me from time to time). I normally just reinstall it and everything works out fine. Is there no possibility of finding those disks ?

yeah, maybe.... maybe not

ive tried changing boot priority, but its determined not to boot onto the hard drive

First of all, what type of HDD are you using?
IS it Serial ATA or IDE?

IF you're talking about an IDE HDD, then put it on the Primary Master, make sure jumper is set to Master. Put the CD-ROM on the Secondary Master, change jumper to master.

Don't put both HDD and CD-ROM on same IDE Channel. Also check the jumpers dude.... The CD-ROM might be on cable select and the HDD might be on master... Which i'll make the HDD hidden to the windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom