The Right power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah unfortunately phase fell through. I don't know what happend to JSE but communication stopped all together. I gave him 2 weeks to answer a few e-mails reguarding the shipping research I did for him but no reply. So I gave up and put the phase money into my HD. I don't think he wanted to bother with the paperwork. coulda said so but no biggie. I got the HD at an 80$ off instant rebate 1 day sale lol. Worked out in the short run.

Yeah I was reading that the hard drives get a bit warm in the cosmos, but nothing to worry about. and its not like im gonna run 6 HD's. MAX ill run is 2. 2TB is plenty lol. if anything I'll mount another fan to the HD cage. Or put some intake fans to cancel the negative pressure system.

Yeah I'm gonna go back water. I guess a 120.2 fits on the case without trouble but I read you can do a slight mod for a 120.3 so soon as I get some cash I'll order the thermochill PA. I think instead of WCing the GPU i'll just do the CPU to see what I can get out of this B3. If i can't get anything special I'm gonna dump it for a penryn. Sell it for 200 on ebay or something.

Ya im running 5x750 7200.10's in my media server, and i think im going to end up having to rig up a 2nd fan to blow over them. It has a single 120mm fan, but im not sure its going to be enough. What hdd did you pick up for 80 bucks off.

There are a lot of great PSU's to use. I suggest one that has at least 45A on the 12v and you should be fine. The Corsair 520HX has around that I believe.

Seagate 7200.11 1TB 32MB Cashe ^^ pretty excited. Case should be in any day this week. I won't be getting a 2nd one till after lcd speakers mouse keyboard WC and all that jazz so i'm not worried too much about HD heat.

aye the corsair has 3 18A rails. 54 total.

My media server has 2.8TB in raid 5. I'll be ripping 300+ dvd's to it, plus all my pr0n, plus it will be my TiVo and have all my music on it.

lol ^^ I can fill my 250 in less than a week. in fact I just had to burn stuff off yesterday cause it was down to 10 gigs left and runnin slow as **** XD. 10k mp3s, few hundred music vids, movies, games, around 800GB of anime itself.

lots of stuff to fill up space with. I dl at around 600-900kbps depending on time of day/day of the week, so I take full advantage of it XD

Ya, my gaming pc has 2 160gb drives and i'm already having space issues due to dual booting xp pro and vista 64. Once i get the media server up and running and can offload all my pr0n and music i'll have more room for games. Considering how big games are getting these days, space doesnt go real far. Heck crysis is 12GB.

12GB? woa XD. and yeah i'll have my entire game collection installed, gonna take up a good chunk of room ; ;

i like to have some free HD space as well :S Find it runs slow when full.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom