Is this right...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea. Windows XP Professional Edition is still the best OS out there.

Vista eats up 500MB? Ridiculous. Its a beta, so they'll have to work that out, otherwise Vista'll never sell.

And we are all using Whitler here as well.

Nobody calls OS's by codewords anymore
all the COOL kids at school are doing it...

in all seriousness, I can call it whatever the hell I want, especially since it's not out...since we're actually USING WinXP and it's out and about, then yeah, no one would call it by it's codename.

I was commenting on the fact of someone doing this whole 'ehh cough cough vista' crap and helped him realize it's one in the same.

Just like I call the x1800xl the R520 up until it's release...hell I STILL may call it the R520

003 said:
the reason they are limiting it to opengl 1.1 is to force game makers to use d3d, thus making gaming on linux of mac nonexistent, and effectively eliminating all competition. it makes me sick. i think what they are also trying to do is make gaming on the pc not as good as on consoles, forcing people to buy the xbox 360.
Now THAT would piss me off. Come on though, why would M$ intentionaly make their OS suck for games? Sure they want people to buy the X360 but they want them to buy Windows too.

j4ckaL said:
Now THAT would piss me off. Come on though, why would M$ intentionaly make their OS suck for games? Sure they want people to buy the X360 but they want them to buy Windows too.
I am afraid it's true my friend:
http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/cgi_directory/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=000001
Their not making it suck for ALL games, just OpenGL games, and reason being, is that OpenGL is supported on both windows, mac, and linux. This means that game makers can have their games work on all 3 OS', but if windows is limited to d3d, game makers will have to use DirectX, which will only work on windows, and so people will have to buy windows if they want to play all their games.

thats microsoft for ya, im still gonna get LONGHORN, ROFL, vista such a gay name :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom