Rich Guy Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, looks like I'm going to air cool this, he knows near to nothing about computers.

I'm just going to give him a pretty good core i7 build, and see how he likes it, and upgrade later if he wants more.

He is pretty happy to know he can get it all for under 3000$.

I appreciate all the help from you guys.

Why no SSD? Those drives are awesome and its easily in this guy's budget. Atleast just get one small one for his OS

If the guy doesn't know anything about computers I would actually just put one hard drive in the computer. Its easier and he could always add more later.

^How is that easier? All he would have to do to save/install things on the other drive is very simply change where the current save/install area is, always in a drop down box...a monkey could do it. Don't knock monkeys, they can leave our atmosphere lol.

^How is that easier? All he would have to do to save/install things on the other drive is very simply change where the current save/install area is, always in a drop down box...a monkey could do it. Don't knock monkeys, they can leave our atmosphere lol.

You underestimate the stupidity of ignorant computer users. I had a customer the other day that didn't know you could put files into a folder. I have a sneaking suspicion she wouldn't know how to install something to another HDD.

You underestimate the stupidity of ignorant computer users. I had a customer the other day that didn't know you could put files into a folder. I have a sneaking suspicion she wouldn't know how to install something to another HDD.

This.

Last year at Circuit City (RIP) I had a customer who came up to me with a flash drive in her hand.

"What's this do?"

Me: "It's a flash drive - you can use it to move files between computers"

She comes up to me a minute later with a 1GB and a 2GB

"What's the difference?"

Me: "This one with the 2 next to it holds twice as much, that's why it's more expensive.
"Twice as much what?"
Me: "Files..."
"Oh... ???"
Me: "Buy the 1, you don't need the 2"

facepalm

I had the same exact conversation with that woman afterward, except she already had it and didn't know what it did, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom