Rich Guy Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
^stop calling pc speaker not real speakers, it is annoying, they ARE speakers. Also, why on earth would you go with a home theater system for a multi chan system when you could go with a multi studio monitor steup, heck you could throw a sub with 4 bx8a's and you would not need anything for the rest of your life...you don't really need a sub but you could.

Again, I mentioned if he didn't want to mess with a receiver. If he did, awesome, get a setup like that. I just know I like the z5500s, lol.

he does not need a receiver mate, a simple sound card capable of handling the input would do just fine.

Buy M-Audio Studiophile BX8a Deluxe Active Monitors | Powered Monitors | Musician's Friend

with something like this, not necessarily that, but something similar.

Buy M-Audio Delta 1010 LT PCI Digital Audio Computer Interface | Audio Interfaces & Convertors | Audio Interfaces | Musician's Friend

The best computer speaker isn't hat great of a title. It's like being the smartest retard. If you go the headphones route then get good headphones, if you are going the multichannel speaker route then get a real system. No pc speakers. Run your pc through real ones.

Chill matey, lol. I'd was just suggesting for simplicity's sake. They sound really good for computer speakers.

lol.. I think I'm the only guys here who has both a Z-5500's, and home theater set-up. They both sound very good, but I like the home theater a lot more, but that one has a better sound card..

And I wasn't serious about the maid, Andrew.. evryone knows your name now. xP

I wouldnt even touch computer speakers.

Get some near field studio monitors. Most accurate sound possible.

Dude's got the budget

^stop calling pc speaker not real speakers, it is annoying, they ARE speakers. Also, why on earth would you go with a home theater system for a multi chan system when you could go with a multi studio monitor steup, heck you could throw a sub with 4 bx8a's and you would not need anything for the rest of your life...you don't really need a sub but you could.

he does not need a receiver mate, a simple sound card capable of handling the input would do just fine.

Buy M-Audio Studiophile BX8a Deluxe Active Monitors | Powered Monitors | Musician's Friend

with something like this, not necessarily that, but something similar.

Buy M-Audio Delta 1010 LT PCI Digital Audio Computer Interface | Audio Interfaces & Convertors | Audio Interfaces | Musician's Friend

The main reason I'm pushing for a receiver is because it allows you to run other things through the speakers. its flexible. With the stand alone audio system not only can you output the pc audio, but also the dvd player, record player, radio, tv, game console etc.

However if this is just intended for the pc, then that makes sense. I like to save money and have a single audio system and run everything through it.

However if this is just intended for the pc, then that makes sense. I like to save money and have a single audio system and run everything through it.

well yeah, if multiple things other then the pc are gonna be on it then it would be a good plan.

IMO keep it simple, but make it high end at the same time...

Air cooling is going to be the best route with cooling it, get one of the cube cases at mountain mods for the **** of it... Plenty of air flow in those suckers, or one of there tower cases.

Try to make the case look a bit more professional than techy. Other than that, don't use SSD as they still need improvment compared to current drives. Just set a few drives in RAID 5 or 10 for the guy, that way he wont loose data if one fails, and he can still get great performance from his array...

I am a big proponent of aircooling. I never hear the whine of my fans because i am always blasting music. I say cram as many ultra kazes in the case as you can!

Give him a great build for 2-3K and tell him pocket the rest. Then maybe he'll give you a nice "Tip" for saving him the money and have a system for the bragging rights.

But that's me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom