Rich Guy Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
^that is the case with every computer though, the price drastically drops in a few years.

The z5500's are not to bad, i used to have a set...although for that price, you could go with a kick *** studio monitor set. Maybe a bx8a deluxe (could go with 4 of these also, instead of just the two) that would be awesome.

The z5500's are not to bad, i used to have a set...although for that price, you could go with a kick *** studio monitor set. Maybe a bx8a deluxe (could go with 4 of these also, instead of just the two) that would be awesome.

Right, that's why I said if he just wanted computer audio. :p Maybe he doesn't want to deal with a reciever/monitor setup. The z5500's are without a doubt the best computer speakers out there, and have been for years, if you ask me. ;)

I first saw them in college. The guy had them in his dorm at one end of the hallway, which was about a tenth of a mile or so long. He turned the volume up not even halfway, and told me to walk down the hall until I couldn't hear it anymore. I closed the door all but a crack, and started walking. I went past 2 rooms with doors open blaring rap music, all the way to the end of the hall, and through the glass door at the end leading to outside, and I STILL heard it. Obviously, at that point, it was hard to hear, but still. That's a feat.

Sorry, I just love those speakers.

You might want to also consider Dry Ice cooling, its cheap as crap, and cools well, just the Pot is a bit... pricey ;)

Vernon, come on mang. you should know better. Dry Ice and LN2 cooling is only for benching as it requires the user to continuously add more to the pot.

Also if he did want to go phase change anything off the shelf is not going to have the power to keepan Overclocked EE i7 cool. At the very least we'd be talking about a double cascade custom build and tuned for i7. ~$2000

Well, if I ever spent 20k on a rig, I wouldn't mind that inconvenience, plus I love to bench ;)

Well, if I ever spent 20k on a rig, I wouldn't mind that inconvenience, plus I love to bench ;)

What happens when your gaming?

"Hold on a sec guys, I need to put more Dry Ice in my computer"

That kind of overclocking is best left to people who actually know something about computers.

Make an automatic valve that releases the dry ice into the pot from a larger supply when it gets low shouldn't be too difficult then it won't stop your gaming :) think outside the box aspire!

He could, yeah. 20k for a computer...

If he wants to use an actual computer audio system, he could get this one:

Newegg.com - Logitech Z-5500 505 Watts 5.1 Speaker - Speakers

Amazing set of speakers, and ridiculously loud even when it's only halfway. I have always wanted them.

no no no no no no no! Not with this kind of budget! Often times i have to pull back the audio guys because they want to spend out of a persons budget for a sound system they don't need, but i find myself on the other side of the fence now. Logitech is not an audio company, and "computer audio" by nature sucks compared to home theater setups. Get the lad a receiver and a 5.1 system 300 watts minimum. You can get a starter kit for $200 at best buy that would beat those logitech speakers into next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom