reviewing motherboards..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kisskerven

In Runtime
So I was lookin at a handful of motherboards and I can't find a straight answer to this question:

The chipsets for the intel: p35 q35 x38 which one is "newer" which is "better" and what are there differences?

I even searched here for "p35 q35" and such and no answers ><

Just lookin to figure out what they are and determine which is better for what I want.

x38 is the newest intel chipset, p35 is the current, and 680i is the chipset before p35. Both x38 and p35 only support crossfire which is using dual ATI video cards while 680i has SLI for dual nvidia cards. If you plan on only using a single video card, i would suggest sticking with a p35 card, as the price/performance is pretty hot right now. x38 boards are still very immature and very expensive, and 680i boards are still pretty expensive but the only way to run dual video nvidia cards.

i would advise against a ds3r, i just had a horrible experience with one. it wouldnt post, and the problem gets progressively worse. I think I'm going to buy an IP35

Riz, you're one of the only people who's ever had problems with it. My ds3r ran flawlessly, and is going into my home theatre pc next week.

hey, with any mobo you take a risk, all im saying is check out some reviews for the ds3r, i just dont think its worth the risk, almost 10% of people are reproting this no-post problem.

If you are going by newegg.com reviews thats not even close to accurate. For the most part, people who have no problem are less likely to review it than people who want to **** and moan that they got a bad board, or even worse that they didnt have the ability to build the machine correctly.

Yea you figure if it wasnt broken- people get busy enjoying it to fill out a "omg this is great!" review- its like those mail in warrenty cards.. how many of you mail those in if its only 5 bucks or so ? and how long does it take you to do it? Its probably not the same day if ever. (as in 5 bucks to get an extended warrenty- or sometimes its just the mail in to get a warrenty)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom