Review my build?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.Would this fit in my case? (especially the video card) And would all the parts work?
2. Can I overclock my CPU to 3.3 ghz without any aftermarket coolers?
3. Is there a website that is similar to NewEgg's prices, because NewEgg charges me tax which is about 60 dollars down the drain.
4. Do some rebates scam you?
1) Well, what case do you have now? You'll probably need to measure to make sure.
2) Very unlikely.
3) Any site will charge you tax, at least that's how it works here in the UK. Not sure about the US.
4) Sometimes, they put rebates on stuff just to get rid of old stock - which means it's probably not that good.

Also, are you saying you want to get the OCZ RAM, and the Corsair RAM? It's just, you put a plus sign there. Anyway if it's an either/or thing, just go for the cheaper.

if you are in the US try zippzoomfly, compusa and tiger direct. they are usually more expensive, but getting taxed really depends on where you live. the difference in price is probably more than the tax from newegg.

I believe the way tax works is they will charge you if they have a location in your state. With newegg, I guess that means warehouses. Most of their stuff comes from California, and they've got stuff other places such as New Jersey.

What are you using this comp for? I'm hoping its for some serious HD video editing and 3D CAD work because if not, 8gb of ram is waaay too much.

You will probably not be able to overclock to 3.3 on the stock cooler.

Rebates aren't scams, they might just take awhile to get back to you.

Everything will fit fine

1) Well, what case do you have now? You'll probably need to measure to make sure.
2) Very unlikely.
3) Any site will charge you tax, at least that's how it works here in the UK. Not sure about the US.
4) Sometimes, they put rebates on stuff just to get rid of old stock - which means it's probably not that good.

Also, are you saying you want to get the OCZ RAM, and the Corsair RAM? It's just, you put a plus sign there. Anyway if it's an either/or thing, just go for the cheaper.

Well, I added both, because each one of them was one rebate per household. How much do you recommend overclocking it then?

What are you using this comp for? I'm hoping its for some serious HD video editing and 3D CAD work because if not, 8gb of ram is waaay too much.

You will probably not be able to overclock to 3.3 on the stock cooler.

Rebates aren't scams, they might just take awhile to get back to you.

Everything will fit fine

How much would you suggest for Ram then? I am thinking of playing Crysis on not very high settings, and some other games.

Ehhh... 30 dollars more + a $10 rebate :p Where did you hear Asrock sucks?

Thanks everyone, sorry for the late reply :laughing:

Edit:Oh, and I cannot get a combo anymore, because I'm using it on the March Madness with my processor + video card.

From a few people on this forum. The motherboard is a main component to the PC, I would not skimp out on a brand like that. I would stick to biostar, gigabyte, asus, evga, and maybe there's a few others. Those combo deals I posted are much better, and the one is much cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom