Reverse HyperThreading does not exist - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 06:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default Reverse HyperThreading does not exist

*Mumble Grumble* Guess that means Core Multiplexing was only a dream too. I wonder...

Quote:
APOLOGIES to the fanbois, but I am about to kill some nice AMD dreams. Reverse Hyperthreading does not exist. It's one of the bigger loads of bluff and bluster cooked up in a long time.

AMD doesn't have any such technology. It would like to have it but even the upcoming K8L quad core won't be able to present a dual or quad core as a single core to the Operating system.

On the other hand AMD doesn’t not need such a marchitecture as the operating systems are getting used to a dual and later quad machines. It's just a dream that someone set afloat but AMD doesn't have such a marchitecture.

Old 07-10-2006, 06:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master Techie

Source??

Old 07-10-2006, 06:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Apoligies.

Same source that sparked the original mayhem.
Old 07-10-2006, 06:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

lol, I bet you're having a major party right now, Infomatic .

Well who cares, as it states, the OS's are already getting used to dual and quad cores.. why reverse it to a single core?... I Said it from the start -.-

-Jo.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

No, actually. Not only was I very happy for AMD for [supposedly] developing this technology, but it also meant that Intel had the same thing. Now that this has come out, I doubt that Core Multiplexing is what we think it is. Now, if Core Multiplexing is indeed the RHT of Intel, and its actually incorporated into Conroe, then yes, I will have a party. But as it looks right now, neither has this technology and we're back to square one.

The advantage of this was though that 90% of our programs and an even higher percentage of the code out there, is written for single-core processors. I'm talking billions of dollars' worth. No one's going to go back and write all the again for Dual Cores. This technology would've granted an enormous advantage in those single-threaded applications, without our having to do much at all. Oh well, it was a nice dream.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
True Techie

Meh. I never expected something like that anyway.

[sarcasm] Why help with the past when you can make money off of the future? [/sarcasm]
Dell 1800FP
GeForce FX 5200
CD Burner and CD Reader!
Old 07-10-2006, 07:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Master Techie

I just read that Intel is working on anti-reverse Hyperthreading where eight cores operate as one. Addtionally, the new ARH technology will come with direct USB 3.0 hot swapable CPU to Hypothalamus connectors which will provide the capability of continuous multiple orgasms while playing Battle Field IV. Shiser................Nerd dreams come true!!!
Old 07-10-2006, 08:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
True Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by RicoDirenzo
I just read that Intel is working on anti-reverse Hyperthreading where eight cores operate as one. Addtionally, the new ARH technology will come with direct USB 3.0 hot swapable CPU to Hypothalamus connectors which will provide the capability of continuous multiple orgasms while playing Battle Field IV. Shiser................Nerd dreams come true!!!
Lol. You captured the essence of all of this hooplah right there.
Dell 1800FP
GeForce FX 5200
CD Burner and CD Reader!
Old 07-10-2006, 08:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

And yet it did nothing but serve to annoy me. Please refrain from posting if you don't have anything useful to contribute to the thread.
Old 07-10-2006, 08:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
True Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Infomatic
And yet it did nothing but serve to annoy me. Please refrain from posting if you don't have anything useful to contribute to the thread.
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy... maybe you shouldn't get annoyed so easily.

Besides. There's nothing left to say.

Dell 1800FP
GeForce FX 5200
CD Burner and CD Reader!
Closed Thread