REVERSE Hyperthreading for AM2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
gaara said:
So I will ask you nicely as a person who does not appreciate seeing this over and over again to leave. I'm telling you upfront if you don't decide to stop harassing this site that your ISP will contacted and informed of abuse, and I know you don't pay for your ISP and you are only a kid like me so I advise you don't want mommy and daddy getting angry at junior for something so silly.

I hardly see how this is categorized as "abuse" and doubt that his ISP will care.

He points out everyone he doesn't like and how they're wrong. 30 posts eh? How about you stick around. get to know people and learn some respect. You're not arguing to better the knowledge this forum.
Try something like..."well actually...yada yada" They will then actually listen to what you say.

Arguments are like chinese fingertraps. If you're agressive, you're not going ANYWHERE... Try yelling at a kid to go to bed. I bet they'd yell back if sleep wasn't in their best interest. Politely tell them to...they'll respond the same way.

BennyV04988 said:
He points out everyone he doesn't like and how they're wrong. 30 posts eh? How about you stick around. get to know people and learn some respect. You're not arguing to better the knowledge this forum.
Try something like..."well actually...yada yada" They will then actually listen to what you say.

Arguments are like chinese fingertraps. If you're agressive, you're not going ANYWHERE... Try yelling at a kid to go to bed. I bet they'd yell back if sleep wasn't in their best interest. Politely tell them to...they'll respond the same way.

Oh, I agree with that, and I knew that before. What I was saying is gaara threatened to report abuse to his ISP. I don't think what he is doing is considered abuse. I doubt they'll care. But I may be wrong.

P.S. I like your analogy of the Chinese fingertraps.

why thank you! haha...pyschology is awesome. (I did think that up though lol)

So would it be a safe bet to buy AM2 just for kicks with this whole RHT possibility? I mean the prices are similar, or maybe 5% more. Either way, AM2?...why not?

Similar? $224 vs. $999? Similar? *I insult you*

RHT is as likely as me saying Conroe is a piece of crap. You figure out how likely that is.

Wow some of these forums are startin to get all aggressive and abusive, i think we need to change something. At XS, i havent seen 1 flame war (am sure there has been but not that i've seen), i'm just sayin we need to organise this site a bit, divide into a Intel section and AMD section, help reduce the amount of Intel ppl comin and rippin on AMD and visa versa. This might also help the Nvidia/ATI flame wars too, as ATI is dominate on Intel systems and Nvidia on AMD systems.

on topic, if RHT was real, i'm sure AMD would be advertisin it, showin it around, they would have official articles on the internet, all over the place. IT COULD BE TRUE, but i feel its a small chance. If they do develop it, imagine 4 cores, 2 cores actin like one, makin it pretty much a superior dual-core, theres you multi-threaded CPU with power (as if the dual-cores out now have no power.... pff yea right, pretty much every CPU for s939, AM2, LGA 775 (few exceptions) can run anything you throw at it, it may not get high FPS, but it'll still run it, i have friends runnin CS:S on on board graphics, Halo on onboard graphics, etc. So what they dont have it at the highest settings with the best quality, THEY HAVE FUN PLAYIN THE GAME!

if RHT was true, it would be all over the internet, in PC magazines, etc.

meefle said:
At XS, i havent seen 1 flame war.

Thats because the people there know what they're talking about. There is no one saying "the conroe is going to be so freakin expensive" or "every benchmark on the planet is controlled by intel" that you have to deal with every single day. If there is anyone like that, they're quickly stomped out by the many knowledgeable people on there. Same thing goes for [H]ardForums.

[Flame SNIPPED]

I agree with the rest of your post about RTH, btw.

Infomatic, I was refering to the lower end cpus from AMD. Do you own an FX? Becuase I don't...and I don't plan on buying one. So why would you jump to that scenario? I meant the 3800 X2.

And as for RHT...AMD is undoubtably working on it. It's a tremendously novel idea, why wouldn't they? I you think something in technology is "impossible" you must not be very imaginative. I myself, studying Mech Engineering, am very imaginative. You see what we do here is speculation, and that should be noted well. If we just bounced back facts all day with no thought beyond them, we would come straight to you Mr. Infomatic....

I'm not going to have the same debate in two seperate threads, Benny. Go check the other thread.

No thought behind my facts? Oh, whatever. I'm not even going to bother defending myself. But atleast I have facts, and not wishful thinking.

Check out my signature, it has all the facts about Conroe you'll ever need to know (until it comes out...). Educate Yourself.

RHT would be a good idea if it was implanted when dual core processors started becoming mainstream. I think it's too late right now. Programs/games are starting to come multithreaded, and the industry is just going that way. It would be dumb to stop and go the other way.

Also, they would need a different name so is not to get into a lawsuit with Intel. :p

[Edit] Infomatic, post your Conroe article in a thread. Then possibly get the mods to sticky it and lock it. Theres good information in there. It's hard to find good information on Conroe at this forum because of all the recent debates about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom