Retail vs. Building

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgp_nc

Baseband Member
I'd like some opinions on top desktop retailers and what the draw backs are. I have done a lot of my own investigating but i like hearing other people points of view. And what are the pros and cons of building a custom system.

I'll check those out. btw i figured people would get the idea being we are in a high performance forum but i am looking to buy or build a serious machine

Well, I will agree with that, as long as one knows what they are doing. :D

One can usually design a nice system at the same price of a commercial vendor, but you will have better components.

And while we are on the subject, I love my Dell laptop, but until Dell starts selling AMD procs, I don't think I will buy from them again. Customer service is tops, however!

PZEROFGH said:
there are no cons for building your own. lol

basically you have to pay a LOT for any decent retail pcs, but it might be diffeent over there, BUILD, BUILD, BUILD!

question - now a big bonus for me as far as going through a retailer is being able to pay off the computer in time. with the parts i would have to buy them all with cash. now... it would take time and what worries me is i would get certain hardwear and then by the time i was ready to build the stuff i bought first may not be near the level it was when i bought it

monarchcomputer.com makes some pretty sick rigs. they have crazy good prices if you configure your own, i compared from building, it was almost the exact same price.... i didn't get it either. i always thought building would be cheaper. my friend just got his its pretty wicked, its fast as hell.

There are many advantages to building your own rig Ill list some:

You know how to fix and replace parts
Easily upgradable
Get exactly what you want
more customization
Its probably cheaper then buying a prebuilt

Now its easy to build one, just do some reasearch and we will help you through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom