Replacing Mobo and possibly vid card

Status
Not open for further replies.
EVGA doesn't make AMD boards. I would also add a suggestion to RMA the current board.

A 5850 should be enough to handle what you want, and you'll be DX11 ready. You can always add another in the future too.

thanks for all the help guys,

i have decided to stick with my intel chip and beef up the board and gpu.

will be trying out windows 7 for the first time here soon.

That was one of the newer boards I was thinking about. It just has not been out that long to get a bunch of feedback on it.

this will not look well with my ocz fatality psu

perhaps i should just get the evga classified?

anyone know if a Vigor Monsoon fits in a classified board? monsoon is rather large

edit: scratch that, classified is 1-3% slower than other boards due to NF200, so ill just toss looks out for this purchase and go with what works best.

scratch that, classified is 1-3% slower than other boards due to NF200, so ill just toss looks out for this purchase and go with what works best.

I dare them to beat me :D

The P6X58D looks like a good board and usb 3.0 is a plus. But as Hefe said it is a new board. And as such you might have a few technical difficulties until they get a few bios updates out.

just completed my purchase after a long debate with myself on what to get.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 x ($239.99) MB EVGA|141-BL-E757-TR X58 RT - Retail $239.99
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 x ($29.99) DVD BURN SONY|AD-7240S-0B % - OEM $29.99
1 x ($104.99) WIN HOME PREM 7 64-BIT ENG 1PK DSP - OEM $104.99
1 x ($309.99) VGA ASUS|EAH5850/2DIS/1GD5 HD5850 R - Retail $309.99
1 x ($4.99) THERMAL GREASE TUNIQ|TX-2 R - Retail $4.99

went with the all black evga board for two reasons, 1) it was cheap, 2) it was black and should look sexy with my monsoon III on it. lets just hope it gives me no problems.

5850 should be a nice upgrade over the 4770 im currently using, too bad i had many problems with 4770CF otherwise i would not need an upgrade here.

I have that EVGA mobo in my office workstation. It has a few less bios options and the cooling system is a little less than the E758-A1 but it's running at 4GHz. It will run at 4.2GHz but everything starts to heat up a little higher than I'd like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom