Replace Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sveltegirl

Solid State Member
I broke the retention clip on the memory slot and now my computer just boots and hangs. No start up screen, zippo. After much research, I realized that little clip probably affected the motherboard. I'm not in a position right now to buy a new mobo and it's essential parts, I just want to replace the board I'm using for now. Here are the specs:

ASUS CUV266

CPU Support

• Supports Socket 370 processors
• Supports Intel Pentium III processors from 650 MHz to 1.0 Hz
• Supports Intel Celeron processors from 333 MHz to 1.1 GHz

Chipset
• VIA VT8633 chipset
• Supports AGP 4X/2X Pro
• UltraDMA/100/66/33 IDE Controller

Memory
• 3 x 184-pin DIMM sockets
• Supports up to 3 GB of DDR PC1600/PC2100 SDRAM

Is there anyone who can point me in the direction where I can purchase one or at the very least, a reasonable facsimile? If you need more specs let me know. Thanks. :D

Thanx JohnnyX. Do the DIMM sockets matter? Mine has 184-pin and the board you suggested has 168-pin. :D

That is what I was trying to avoid. And you're probably right. That may be unavoidable. Thanks much for your help. I'll keep you posted.

Okay everyone. I think I found something. ItÂ’s on EBay for $40.00.

http://www.baber.com/baber/411/supermicro_370sda.htm

I hope I nailed it. The specs are very close to mine and the memory is compatible. I spoke to the seller. If there is anything I need to verify, I'm open to suggestions. Due to your suggestions, I was able to narrow down a lot. Thanks so much. I'll keep you posted.

i think what Brtnboarder495 is trying to say that its a blind shot , even if the seller claims its in perfectly good condition you just can never know for sure until you get it.. then its too late

Okay, good luck ;)

I guess there are no real alternative options since Newegg.com doesn't carry any P3 DDR motherboards, doubt anyone else has one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom