Removing Bottleneck From GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
at 720mhz my 8800gs idles at about 45c and load at about 65c. fan speed at 90%. I have the evga model which has alot higher quality cooling system compared to the xfx model if thats what you have. Its the same cooling system at the evga 8800gt i believe.

edit - I would go with a phenom if I had am2+ mobo, but i dont. If I am going to upgrade my motherboard aswell, Im going intel and getting a fast core 2 duo, or even possibly a q6600. If im sticking to AMD, im just looking for a cheap upgrade of just the processor. So, 5800+ or 6000+ is really my limit on that.

at 720mhz my 8800gs idles at about 45c and load at about 65c. fan speed at 90%. I have the evga model which has alot higher quality cooling system compared to the xfx model if thats what you have. Its the same cooling system at the evga 8800gt i believe.

That cooler is allot better. Mine idles at 55c with stock settings.

If you are going Intel I recommend the E7200 and a Biostar p43 or p45 motherboard depending on your budget.

Budget permitting, I really want to just get a quad so I dont have to worry about my processor being slow in 6 months.

If you are looking at quads you might want to wait until nehalem is released in September. It will be 20-50% faster than the current 45nm quads clock for clock and a 2.66ghz nehalem quad will be $284. The downside is they will be DDR3 only and use the new lga1366 socket.

Nehalm should cause the current quads to drop in price so you might be able to get a good deal on one of them.

Sounds awesome, Q6600 down to like 150 possibly then? That would be nice. Im not really up on the news lately in computer hardware, but that sounds really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom