removing AMD 64 heatsink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chase

CECS Major
As said in the topic I would like to remove the stock AMD 64 heatsink. I want to do this because it is extremely loud and I would like to go with a Zalman. Q: How do I go about taking the heatsink off (not just the fan, everything)? Do I just yank the thing off or is there somthing special I need to do? Thanks for the help-

::-Chase-::

Undo the clip that is holding it.... Then twist/pull it off.... Be carefull, the CPU might come out with it.... if it does then hope pins arent bent...

That is exactly what I am afraid of, the pins bending...is there anyway to assure this will not happen because I really don't have the money to replace the processor if that did happen...

::-Chase-::

The CPU shouldnt come out of its socket, that only happens if the paste is EXTREMLY thick or you had a wax pad but they dont use wax pads on them heatsinks.

what i would do is play your favorite game 3dmark or bf2 or something demanding, heat yuor processor up really hot. play for like an hour or so

turn off your computer wait 10 seconds, twist the heatsink CC and CCW and then gently pull it off while twisting :D

what i would do is play your favorite game 3dmark or bf2 or something demanding, heat yuor processor up really hot. play for like an hour or so

turn off your computer wait 10 seconds, twist the heatsink CC and CCW and then gently pull it off while twisting

Yeah, when i got a different motherboard when my gigabyte one went KIA, i pulled the HSF off while the CPU was still cool- pulled the CPU right out of the socket and it was a ***** to get the CPU off the HSF. Good thing i pulled it out directly up, probably would of bent the pins if i hadn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom