remote computer interface - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 05:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default remote computer interface

I'm trying to plan out a new computer system that will be connected to a TV/sound system remotely. one thing I'm trying to figure out is if someone makes a portable video interface that displays the same thing that is on the desktop preferably for xp pro that would allow me to access the computer as if i were sitting in front of it. also does someone make a wifi version of something like go to my PC that could connect a laptop and PC via a wireless Ethernet card.

thank you
medwardl

Old 03-18-2008, 07:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master Techie

Cool Re: remote computer interface

Quote:
Originally Posted by medwardl View Post
I'm trying to plan out a new computer system that will be connected to a TV/sound system remotely. one thing I'm trying to figure out is if someone makes a portable video interface that displays the same thing that is on the desktop preferably for xp pro that would allow me to access the computer as if i were sitting in front of it. also does someone make a wifi version of something like go to my PC that could connect a laptop and PC via a wireless Ethernet card.

thank you
medwardl

YOu lost me on the fist part. The second is called a network.

Old 03-19-2008, 12:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Re: remote computer interface

i thought i saw one somewhere but its pretty much like a pda you can use to control your computer i just want to beable to select and play files without having to go to the computer evrytime aswell as monitor the computer.
Closed Thread