reformat - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 11-16-2007, 11:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Default reformat

Ive reformated tons of times, but one thing that would really help, was if there was a way to have a way to reinstall programs you alwasy install. I always have to reinstall the basic programs ie AVG and is there a way to get a group of them and so when i install windows, it will install them too, or all at once, or something that would speed the process up? Thanks, TP

| Taintedplay | Q6600 | evga gtx 260| XP 32bit
Old 11-17-2007, 12:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
Corrupt Techie
Default Re: reformat

I don't know if there is a way to automate the install of third party programs, short of making a 'ghost' copy of a state shortly after you install Windows, after you put everything you want on it.

If you don't know already, EricB has a post that explains how to add Windows Updates and Service Pack to the install disc. That might shorten your time a little.

Also, this might have best been posted in the 'Windows Operating Systems and Software' section.

Old 11-17-2007, 12:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
Send a message via AIM to peterhuang913

You can use nlite to slipstream programs.

My computer uses 1.5A-load, .8A-idle, .65A-standby, .05A-turned off on 125V.
"The spaces between your fingers were created so that another's could fill them in."
Originally Posted by Norcent View Post
I need to stop using the internet.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:40 AM   #4 (permalink)

How do i 'ghost' the entire os? i reformated last night and it is the perfect time to do that, i jsut dont know how. Also how do i then install it (like when i need to use it)
| Taintedplay | Q6600 | evga gtx 260| XP 32bit
Closed Thread