Red Screen on First Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldernon

Baseband Member
I just received 90% of my order today. Everything except my hard drive,which conveniently was shipped alone, and will arive 5 days from now, after the long weekend...

Ive received everything else and built my system today. When I power it on, The background is all red and distorted, but things seem to work fine. Obviously I cant do much without the hard drive, but the mobo posts and things seem ok.

The only problem is that the background is all red. I have an ASUS P6T mobo, i7 920, saphire 1gb 4870, ASUS VW246H Black 24" monitor.

Any ideas on whats causing this? Maybe something is plugged in wrong? I used both power connectors on the video card, also for the processor, i used 8 pins to power it. 4 of them were covered over, i removed that (the 8 pin power connection by the chip).

Thanks guys! Im almost there!

update- seems to be a weird connection between the monitor and the video card, because as soon as i touched it, it flickered to normal. I dosconnected it and put it back on, its all good now... thats weird. Any ideas as to why?

Also, im new to dvi cards, my 4870 has duel outputs, does it:
1) matter which one i use
2) matter which end of the cable is plugged in? Meaning, is it like an ide cable where one had to be on the mobo (being monitor) and one had to be on the drive (being video card)? Or does it not matter. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom